Solar Eclipse...

/ Solar Eclipse... #101  
Clear skies and zero risk online realtime :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

/ Solar Eclipse...
Staying home and watching the traffic gridlock on FB. We are in the 100% totality area.

I'm wondering what the level of stupidity will be with idiots driving down the e-way and stopping in the road to look at it and then getting rear ended by another motorist, also looking and still driving...lol

Every motel-hotel here is booked solid. Great day to stay home. I have no desire to even look at it and if I did, would be through a shade 12 welding helmet.

I also suspect there will be a lot of people with retina damage and it's not reverseable either.

Local weather said the temp will drop 20 degrees during the event. We will see. It's currently 55 here and clear skies.

Thought about setting up my Celestron to view it via my cell phone (have an adapter that adapts my cell phone to the eyepiece) but not gonna bother.

/ Solar Eclipse... #103  
Sunny and clear here in central Indiana... We are ready in the totality!

/ Solar Eclipse... #104  
Gonna have to fire up the coal plants to make up for that big dip in PV power 😂

/ Solar Eclipse... #105  
Sun is out we are ready, anything to not be at my desk working :)
20240408_123903.jpg

/ Solar Eclipse...
Gonna have to fire up the coal plants to make up for that big dip in PV power 😂
In as much as PV power is less than 10% nationwide, I don't see the loss as a big issue. The windmills will keep windmilling unless the blades fall off like they did in Findlay, Ohio.

/ Solar Eclipse... #110  
I tried watching the eclipse on you tube (NASA telescope) But it was too slow and I got bored. :D I'll catch up with the highlights on the evening news.