So we all understand

/ So we all understand #1  

beenthere

Super Star Member
Tractor
JD_4x2_Gator, JD_4300, JD_425, JD_455 AWS, added JD_455, JD_110, JD_X485(sold)
What's happening that the 'Childrens book" thread, pulled because it may have not belonged in the "Book Discussion" forum, and then pulled when it was reposted in the 'Related" forum?

Content? insulting? brand war? copyrighted?

Be great if there was a way to tag the deleted thread with a 'reason' so all could learn what is accepted as we continue. Just to find a "we cannot proceed" from a deleted thread isn't very informative.

Give us some feedback please. We can all learn more about posting that way. Thanks.

/ So we all understand #2  
/forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gifThe first thread was "moved" to here, not deleted. Then the second one was removed because it was a duplicate. There was never any intent to delete it at all and there was nothing wrong with it except for the original being in the wrong forum. Moderators thought it would be more likely to be read and get responses if it were in another place. /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

/ So we all understand
Thanks Bird, for clearing that up.

Still, when the thread was removed, as long as it stays 'up' on the list, then the reason should (would be helpful) be noted as "Deleted - double post" or something informative, so one doesn't click on it to read it, and find "we cannot proceed".
Seems if a post is deleted, the reason can be listed without much todo, IMO. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif which I'm full of.........

/ So we all understand #4  
Agree with beenthere. Would be nice to know what is going on.

My post on underground fencing for my dog disappeared. Was in rural living. I had some good replies and advice, then it was gone. Have searched for it and cannot find it. PM'd Muhammad a few days ago and have not received a reply. Would like to know what happened or get it back - there was some good info in there!

/ So we all understand #5  
Guys, I tend to use the recently posted buttons at the top rather than go thread by thread. You can choose to check the past 1,6,12,24hrs.. This may help you find one that you lost, as long as there are replies to it..

/ So we all understand
HGM
I use the 'past 12 hrs' posts, and my suggestion was a result of such use. I first search for 'new posts' and wish they were more predominant in that list (like not having the 'page' icon to the left of the post). Some I respond to, others I only view, and some I don't look at at all. But I would like to be able to see on this list of posts those that have already been deleted either by the poster or by the admins. That would save my time of clicking on it and finding the words "cannot proceed".

Next, I click on my handle name, and go to my recent posts (which used to be updated immediately, but now only after midnight (occasionally after several days) (and just looked and they have fallen two days behind /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif ).
I look at my recent posts to see if there are any responses to read in case someone has asked a question about my post, or taken it differently than what I meant it to be.

That works efficiently for me, and I just rather not come up to the dead end words "cannot proceed" /forums/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif I'm still happy with the forum and think it is great.

/ So we all understand #7  
Hmmm... I found a copy of your underground dog fence thread. I can't figure out why it was pulled. I'll ask and see if we can get it back. /forums/images/graemlins/crazy.gif (moderators can't put them back, only the big guys have that capability).

/ So we all understand #8  
<font color="blue"> Guys, I tend to use the recently posted buttons at the top rather than go thread by thread. </font>
Those buttons have been there for a few years. /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif I have noticed that many TBN'ers only look at the particular forum that matches their tractor or needs. They end up missing many of the fine threads that can enhance their TBN visit. It does take time to look at all the threads though. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ So we all understand #9  
It was apparently inadvertently removed. It is now back in the rural living forum. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif

/ So we all understand #10  
Apparently Inadvertently? Sounds like a product liability lawyer.