so is it safe?

/ so is it safe? #1  

big bubba

Elite Member
Tractor
M8540
Last edited:
   / so is it safe? #2  
Better question ... shouild a Judge who doesn't respect the Jury system be allowed to remain on the bench?

/ so is it safe? #3  
My first thought is that the judge is going to get a nice thank you envelope from Monsanto.. and probably a new address in some Caribbean Island.

/ so is it safe? #4  
Better question ... shouild a Judge who doesn't respect the Jury system be allowed to remain on the bench?
Did you even read the article?

...Though the judge substantially cut the damages, she supported the jury's finding that Monsanto was to blame for Alva and Alberta Pilliod's cancer, and that the company repeatedly tried to bury evidence about Roundup's health risks at the expense of consumer safety....

BTW...the jury made a statement...the real damage was done...it was a likely conclusion and a strategy of the plaintiffs.

/ so is it safe? #6  
No, but I read your quote ....

That is 'not respecting the Jury system' and it's been a regular occurrence in these cases. Judges should not be able to alter Jury awards.
Yes it is...the reason cited was "...vastly exceeded legal precedent..." enough said

but like I said...it was a statement and they knew it would likely be reduced...it was a play...!

/ so is it safe? #8  
It's a staple in every suburban household. large & small time farmers use w/impunity. some i know use the ingredient to rid lilly pads/cattails in their wetlands. Is it safe? or is this just one legal scam on a perfectly safe product?... come on, i know at least 90% of you use it :licking:
your thoughts?

I use it and have wondered the same thing. I mix it according to the instructions and wear basic protective gear while handling it. Here is some of the info I found while searching for the answer myself:

"If You Accept Science, You Accept Roundup Does Not Cause Cancer"

If You Accept Science, You Accept Roundup Does Not Cause Cancer | American Council on Science and Health

/ so is it safe? #9  
I use it and have wondered the same thing. I mix it according to the instructions and wear basic protective gear while handling it. Here is some of the info I found while searching for the answer myself:

"If You Accept Science, You Accept Roundup Does Not Cause Cancer"

American Council on Science and Health

"The American Council on Science and Health (ACSH) is a pro-industry nonprofit advocacy organization "

"Following the September 11 attacks on the World Trade Center in 2001, ACSH opposed the appointment of a federal official to oversee and administer aid to those injured during the attacks and subsequent rescue; "

"In 2013, leaked internal financial documents revealed that 58% of the ACSH's donations in the period from July 1, 2012 to December 20, 2012 came from corporations and large private foundations, many of which themselves had ties to industries"

"Gilbert Ross, ACSH's former medical director, served time in federal prison and had his medical license revoked for Medicaid fraud before being hired by ACSH"

American Council on Science and Health - Wikipedia

/ so is it safe? #10  
I think there is good basis for the judges reduction, independent of the unsettled question of how hazardous glysophate actually is. I mean, $2 billion dollars for two people who got cancer but are in remission? People who used a gallon a week and did not use protective measures? There has to be some balance of responsibility here. Seems like they (and their lawyers) should be pretty happy with $86 million.