SnowMachines snowblower, what is it? when made?

/ SnowMachines snowblower, what is it? when made? #1  

megotatractor

Veteran Member
Tractor
JD 2210
I'm going nuts trying to find info on a Snowmachines snowblower. I am looking at buying one but no idea how old, it has been repainted green and yellow but once was blue. it is a 60" snowblower made for 12 to 34 hp tractors and it's label says it is made by Snowmachines. I found one photo on a Google search related to Allis Chalmers and that's all I have been able to find. help?

/ SnowMachines snowblower, what is it? when made?
this might help jog someone's memory...

http://community.webshots.com/album/240632267xWXjsE

this is not the same model I am looking at buying but I believe it is the same manufacturer. look at the pics of the snowblower and its manufacturer label. perhaps these were built for Allis Chalmers? or maybe the maker is out of business? this does lead me to believe that the machine I am looking at is at least 22 years old (the time when Allis faded away). other web searches reveal an address and phone number for this company and perhaps I'll call for kicks but since there seems to be no info on the web I would hazard a guess it's been a looooooooong time since they made snowblowers....

/ SnowMachines snowblower, what is it? when made? #4  
I have a 7 foot Snowmachine. Bought it, hum, 15 years ago or so. Gearcase went out on it a couple years after I got it. Turned out easier & cheaper to get it rebuilt at the local machine shop than to deal with them.

Nice machine over all. Pretty simple, don't worry about the parent company. Off-the-shelf stuff, and weled plate is all they are. That SD location is where they last were - thought they were still in business. They weren't affilitated with any other ag company.

--->Paul