Snowblowers lights - 18w LED

/ Snowblowers lights - 18w LED #1  

Lockport

Platinum Member
Tractor
Bobcat CT235
Nighttime snowblowing is always a PITA with standard tractor headlights. My 72" is no exception. I found a pair of 18w LEDs on eBay for cheap. I already had these rubber encased toggle switches, excess from a p BBrevious tractor light install project.
20161124_155906.jpg
They've got the rubber boot as well and went in the dash easily.
20161124_161911.jpg
I went through the fuse box's aux accommodation but simply jumped a large wire from a keyed position of the headlight circuit for now. The LEDs are low power consumption and I really just need this done for now. I'm grounding the lights to the snowblower itself and using a bullet connector that'll hide under the bonnet until needed one the season is over.
20161124_155928.jpg
One for the left
20161124_155825.jpg
One for the right
20161124_155814.jpg
Presto
20161125_140103.jpg
They are small, compact, metal, and cast a big light.
Thanks all!:dance1:

/ Snowblowers lights - 18w LED #2  
Looks great! Are you worried they might ice up from the mist created when blowing?

/ Snowblowers lights - 18w LED
It's too cold here. There's literally no moisture in the air in the midst of winter. It was near -20 yesterday.

/ Snowblowers lights - 18w LED #4  
Is that blower run off a pto or hydraulics.

/ Snowblowers lights - 18w LED #5  

Unless I'm completely mistaken, it's powered by the mid-PTO. Not many small tractors have the hydraulic flow for something like that.

The auger runs off the mid PTO. The chute rotates, and the quick hitch raises/lowers off the hydraulics via the loader controller.

/ Snowblowers lights - 18w LED #7  
I mounted my lights on the ROPS, so the light is up higher shining down. The problem with LED's and snow is the LED makes little heat, so it never melts the snow off the lens.
I used 48W LED's and they are stupid bright!

I like the idea if the lights stay clear!

My ROPS hits the garage. Even on its partial lower setting it hits. I used to have a Kubota BX and old fashioned 6"round incandescents on it. Two forward and two back, on plates JB Weld'd to the ROPS. They were great.