Snowblower Snowblower for Kubota L2250

/ Snowblower for Kubota L2250 #1  

The Deerslayer

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3901 Former: Kubota L2250
Hey guys...my first post, just joined today. Been learning much from those who have posted here. Need some help deciding on a rear mount snowblower for my Kubota L2250. Any and all insight is welcome. Currently looking at buying a new Farm King 60 inch for around 2k and would have to travel aways to pick it up. I also am looking at a used (3 year old) Pronovost Puma-64 for about 1k which is a little closer to go and check out. The PTO shaft was just replaced, and from the pics, it seems to be showing normal wear. How do these compare quality-wise? Any additional info/thoughts are appreciated. What would a new Puma 64 go for? Thanks in advance.

/ Snowblower for Kubota L2250 #2  
Deerslayer, welcome aboard first off. Not sure about the brands your looking at,but do know the Puma is a good blower. I just got a 64" frontier last year and NO snow to try it out on.
But I've had plenty of chances to put it through it's paces this year. It has worked perfect.Wet or dry snow it hasn't slowed down a bit. This blower has a 21" +/- fan,which I learned on this site is the key thing. The bigger the fan,the better it will throw the snow. Check with a JD dealer to see if they have any left. I'm also finding that you want make sure the blower is a little wider than the tractor,I'm about the same.
Happy hunting,
"The Plow"

/ Snowblower for Kubota L2250 #3  
I have a L2250 with a blower on it. I made the hydraulic chute rotator some years ago and it is the best idea for quick chute changes. On your used blower check the auger bearings that they are not dry and rusty. The idea of a changed shaft makes me ?????.
Also check the chain tensioner idler bearings and the gear box. You only need a blower as wide as the tractor. If you go too big and have more than 1' at a storm then you will be chocking the blower with snow.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/166281-hydraulic-linear-rotator-snowblower.html

Craig Clayton

/ Snowblower for Kubota L2250
Thanks for the reply. I ended up passing because of the replaced pto and the fact that the owner was not willing to connect the blower if I came to see it. All in all, had me concerned even though the asking price seemed decent. My search continues......

Have narrowed the search down to a Blizzard/Ber-vac B64B or a Pronovost Puma 64. Any allegiance out there to either?

/ Snowblower for Kubota L2250 #6  
I just bought a 64" Frontier PTO blower (sold by John Deere) and it has gotten plenty of use this winter. It works great. Simple, easy to use. Hasn't clogged yet. Very happy with it. Cost 2k plus tax. I didn't want to spend the money at first, but in the end went for it and it was worth it. It sure is nice to have a new piece of equipment and not have to do anything to it except hook it up. No headaches. If you have a Deere dealer near you, I would look at the Frontier. It's a nice unit and is reasonably priced.
Kevin McD
p.s. This isn't a sales pitch for JD either. I own a Kioti tractor. The blower is just a good unit.

/ Snowblower for Kubota L2250 #7  
Thanks for the reply. I ended up passing because of the replaced pto and the fact that the owner was not willing to connect the blower if I came to see it. All in all, had me concerned even though the asking price seemed decent. My search continues......

Good call.

I only looked at Frontier a year ago. Liked the overall design, just didn't buy a Deere tractor. What i had cookin' was a package deal.

Thanks for all the info. I bought a Pronovost PUMA 64. Looking forward to next winter so I can take some revenge on what the snow gods did to me this year!!

/ Snowblower for Kubota L2250 #9  
Thanks for all the info. I bought a Pronovost PUMA 64. Looking forward to next winter so I can take some revenge on what the snow gods did to me this year!!

Congrats - tho a few months late :laughing:

In December I found a 60" Normand on Craigslist - in Goshen CT, about 30 minutes from my house :thumbsup: Best buy off Craigslist ever - partly because the timing was, let's say, PERFECT :thumbsup:

Last week I officially declared winter over - I greased it thoroughly and spray painted the drum where my driveway stone had scoured off the paint :ashamed:

/ Snowblower for Kubota L2250 #10  
Congrats - tho a few months late :laughing:

In December I found a 60" Normand on Craigslist - in Goshen CT, about 30 minutes from my house :thumbsup: Best buy off Craigslist ever - partly because the timing was, let's say, PERFECT :thumbsup:

Last week I officially declared winter over - I greased it thoroughly and spray painted the drum where my driveway stone had scoured off the paint :ashamed:

Bring it up, we just got a little over a foot the other night