Snow...

/ Snow... #1  

CRJCaptain

Silver Member
Verona, KY (across the river from Cincinnati)
Tractor
Bobcat Toolcat 5600
The first big snowfall is supposed to be on the way tonight for the Ohio Valley/Midwest, with 4-6 inches of accumulation forecast...bring it on...

Attached is a pic from last December's fiasco. Hopefully the Cincinnati airport won't run out of deicing fluid this year! /forums/images/graemlins/ooo.gif

Anyway, the Toolcat's fuelled up and ready to go...

Attachments

• 784833-ToolcatWinter.jpg
    784833-ToolcatWinter.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 654
   / Snow... #3  
CRJCaptain,
I see you have a small spreader and a bucket to pile snow in the photo. But don't you also have a Bobcat Angle Broom for your Toolcat? Do you use it to sweep away snow?

FYI, Bobcat offers lots of Snow Removal Attachments, including Angle Brooms, Snowblowers, Snow Blades, Snow V-Blades, Scrapers, Snow Buckets, Spreaders and Whisker Push Brooms (attached to std. buckets). /forums/images/graemlins/cool.gif

But in my climate so far I've gotten by just using my Box Blade/Scraper since there's room on the side of my roads to leave snow as it accumulates. However, that Whisker Push Broom on front of a bucket will clear light snow and looks interesting. Bobcat claims it can also be used the rest of the year "for cleaning dirt, leaves, gravel and other debris in tight areas," and is probably ideal for pavement.

/ Snow... #4  
I made up some wings(18" each) for my 72" bucket: it works awesome for back dragging driveways. I pull it on the street and then pick it up with the bucket as I move on to the next house.

/ Snow... #5  
mike123,
Can you snap a photo or two (plus reduce each to 100KB or less in size) and attach to posts here so we can see what you've done to create your bucket wings for use in back dragging snow removal? TIA! /forums/images/graemlins/smirk.gif /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

/ Snow...
<font color="blue"> CRJCaptain,
I see you have a small spreader and a bucket to pile snow in the photo. But don't you also have a Bobcat Angle Broom for your Toolcat? Do you use it to sweep away snow? </font>

Yes I do...see attached photo

Most of the time I use the angle broom to handle snow removal. It works on up to 3-4 inches of snow. Anything over 4 inches and I'll use the bucket.

The broom does a great job...it removes snow right down to the asphalt and won't harm the surface.

Attachments

• 788969-IM002183 (Small).JPG
    788969-IM002183 (Small).JPG
    58.1 KB · Views: 423