Snow plow's and 3PH's

/ Snow plow's and 3PH's #1  

Youare

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota L3000
Snow plow\'s and 3PH\'s

In past years I made a mount on the bucket of my 8N to hold a Meyers snow plow. For this winter I am considering purchasing a rear blade for my Kubota for snow removal. Last night while looking at the Meyers plow a thought occured, has anyone made a mount for a snow plow to connect to a 3PH?

Randy

/ Snow plow's and 3PH's #2  
Re: Snow plow\'s and 3PH\'s

I by no means intend to be a smarta$$ but, ain't that what a back blade is, with the advantage of being able to turn it around?

Farmer kid usetabe, Farmer Wannabe

/ Snow plow's and 3PH's

I am just trying to figure out a way to use what I have to accomplish a task without having to explain to my wife why I need a back blade and she does not get the dishwasher right now.

Randy

/ Snow plow's and 3PH's #4  

Randy, haven't done it but thought about it too. If I had a larger machine I wouldn't hesitate to try it. I wonder if there are spring trip 3pt mount snowblades? I have never seen one. To have the height and curve of a larger moldboard would be great for snowplowing.

I don't know off hand if your Meyers is similar. (I could probably find a diagram) For my Curtis it would take more fabrication for sure but on my Western plow it seems simple enough. The cat 1 link pins would mount in the holes used for the pins (# 8) and an upright for the toplink to attach to would have to be fabricated and mounted on the plow's A frame. Maybe some brackets bent similar to the top one shown as item # 28. Once it was mounted on the tractor it could then be manually turned and pinned otherwise a remote SCV or hoses to the loader scv could run the power angle hydraulic cylinders.
western_diagram.jpg

DFB

18-30366-dfbsig.gif

/ Snow plow's and 3PH's

My snow plow looks just like the one in your diagram. I'm going to give it a try. Thanks for the reply.

Randy