Snow Equipment Owning/Operating Snow Helme recomendations

/ Snow Helme recomendations #1  

rlcowder

Silver Member
I'm looking a some helmets to use to protect my face while snowblowing and would like some opinions of those who have them. Brand? Price? Problems? I have my heart set on one of those nice Ski-Doo helmets and because I ride my atv alot in the winter I could justify the costs. Let me hear it.

/ Snow Helme recomendations #2  
I've got about 10 helmets for riding.

For around the house and riding ATV's (nothing radical), I really like the Zeus flip-up snowmobile helmet.

It's like a full face with the chin guard and flip down lens but there's a latch under the chin and the whole chin piece and lens pivot up so it's now like an open-face helmet.

With all the combinations of venting and stuff, I never have a problem with fogging.

It's also easier to talk, have a beverage... without taking the helmet off (which gets real cold putting back on).

I think you can get them for around $90 - $120 depending on model. HJC and others make them but even the people that sold me the Zeus didn't recommend since they're $350+ and they couldn't find anything "that much better" to justify the price for general usage.

On snowy days, I put on the Arctic Cat balaclava that goes over the head but is thin on the area that the helmet covers. Great head and neck protection.

/ Snow Helme recomendations
I was looking at Zeus. I was conserned that they would be a cheap knock off. Thanks for the input I will definatley consider them. Do you have the one with a "breath box" I was wondering how they work or if they are a pain.

/ Snow Helme recomendations #4  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( I was looking at Zeus. I was conserned that they would be a cheap knock off. Thanks for the input I will definatley consider them. Do you have the one with a "breath box" I was wondering how they work or if they are a pain. )</font>

I don't have the breath mask.
The place I got my Zeus from actually recommended it. I went in with a fat wallet (which he should have been able to tell by the helmets I was looking at...). He moved me down the line to the Zeus when I told him my general requirements.

Brian