Snow Attachments snow blowers

/ snow blowers
Hello GrayBeard and MadReferee.

Sounds like I will be paying 2 bills or a bit more. There are so few dealers around here I would not find a good used anything. A new Pronovost is the most likely. I will have to find a dealer or two and start from there. My bext bet is in northern Wisconsin or Minnisota. I still am curious about the inverse option. They wouldn't make it if it didn't work?

/ snow blowers #12  
Check out that linked message up above for the inverse blowers - very good info there from someone who uses one.

Would not be very useful to me on my windswept prairie - I have to deal with 3-4' snow banks sometimes, & kinda hard too - can't possibly drive through that stuff. If I were in the situation of lighter snowfalls, little drifting - then I might consider the inverse, as the person who has one does.

Running a regular 3pt is not that difficult, I'm always surprised at the problems people have with it?

--->Paul

/ snow blowers
Rambler,

I too have lots of snow to deal with but not always does it drift up. On occation it will drift 4 or more ft. Lots of lake effect snow here. I just hoped the Pronovost would be unlimited in push mode yet be good for small amounts of snow in the pull mode. Nothing came up on that to date.
Also a freind up the lake is interested in a tractor and implements. He is getting older as we all are and has had back troubles. He would most often like to pull a snow blower than push it? He doesn't want to be looking back too much.

Many have said they like the Pronovost but none have had one with the inverse option. I will give them a call and find out what I can. Sounds like the Meteor is an OK unit as well.

/ snow blowers #14  
Talking about pull units or inverse blowers: Pronovost and Normand are excellent brands and well built. Many contractors around here run them and have for years. Mine is a Smith (see link several posts above for pics.) Another pretty solid machine but I did do some fine tuning to it. Meteor seemed to be a much lighter blower.