Snow blade on an E27n

/ Snow blade on an E27n #1  

CalG

Tractor
Hurlimann 435, Fordson E27n, Bolens HT-23, Kubota B7200
Don't know if this should go in the antique section, the make it your self, or the humor pages.
but i thought with winter on it's way, I would give the old gal some chores to look forward to.

The fordson is a 1950 E27n, I've had her for better than 35 years.

(How that rubber holds up is beyond me ;-)

Starts and runs sweetly. gas , not vaporizing oil

The self contained hydraulic pac on the western plow is a boon, for there is no extra hydraulics to speak of. Just a single tap, and then the lift arms would need to be chained down.

It takes about 30 seconds of running for the generator to recover the battery after lifting the blade and moving full swing left to right. That's with the lights on, so I should be good to go for most push work. I did have to remove the hand crank starter, which has been the only way I have run the tractor all these years. I guess I'll need to get used to the modernization of a self starter.

The plow frame is made up of an old basketball hoop support! 2 1/2 and 3" galv. pipe it's pretty stout stuff. The push frame is brought back to the rear axle impliment pads in two hitches, with a relay plate hanging off the mid mount pads. A front plate drops down to take the side loads from the plow. I tried to set the plow back into the tractor to keep things short. Without power steering, the turn radius can be quite a sweep ;-)

I'll need to wait till the snow falls to give the all is good review, but the rig will stretch the trip springs on dirt without much of a breath. ;-) might have to fit another spring..

Cheers

Cal in VT

Attachments

• Fordson left side.jpg
    Fordson left side.jpg
    475.8 KB · Views: 528
  • Fordson snow blade left.jpg
    Fordson snow blade left.jpg
    673 KB · Views: 699
  • Fordson snow blade RF.jpg
    Fordson snow blade RF.jpg
    583.9 KB · Views: 552
  • Fordson snow blade LF.jpg
    Fordson snow blade LF.jpg
    648.5 KB · Views: 802
   / Snow blade on an E27n #2  
Awesome! Well done, sir. You've had that tractor for 35 years, living in Vermont, and just now mounted a snow plow?!?

/ Snow blade on an E27n #4  
Good job, all you need now is snow.

/ Snow blade on an E27n
Very nice set up. Maybe a set of chains on the rear and you're good to go.

Butterfly chains are hanging on the wall. But with temps in the 50-60s again this week, there is no hurry. They go on quite quickly with the hi-lift tractor jacks to assist.

I might put the blower on the garden tractor this week end however. IIRC , I need to look at the chain guide roller before the snow needs moving.

Cheers

/ Snow blade on an E27n
Awesome! Well done, sir. You've had that tractor for 35 years, living in Vermont, and just now mounted a snow plow?!?

Well, for a number of years I ran a forward travel three point hitch mounted blower. the unit was pretty old, but with a seven + foot offset intake, It woud really put a stream of snow into the woods.

Unfortunately, the Fordson does not have a live PTO, or synchronized gear box for that matter, so clearing any clogs was an ordeal. That and the fact that the single stage impeller on the blower sent a steady barrage of stones and debris forward at the operator (me) caused the blower to fall from favor ;-)