Snake

/ Snake #11  
Interesting. The garter snakes I've seen in Ohio look more like this.
IMG_1014.JPG

Apparently, there are a bunch of different varieties.

/ Snake #12  
View attachment 713724

Your garter snakes look like the ones in Western Washington. I used to catch them but they really make your hands stink. There was a kid visiting and he spotted one. Asked me if it was safe to catch but would really make his hands stink. He caught the thing, his hands still stunk after washing, and his mom was not pleased. I don't think the kid really cared.
Eric

/ Snake #14  
View attachment 713724

That's what they look like here. They stink and if one is in a bale of hay, livestock won't touch it.

/ Snake #15  
And this photo is from about two years ago in my back yard. It's a Diamond Back Rattler about four feet long. He succumbed to lead poison. As I recall, it had about 8-9 rattle segments.
Emmm. Did you eats it?

/ Snake #16  
If I find one (rattler) about 3 feet or longer, it generally makes it to the table. Good chow.

Got one a few years ago, immediately cut off the head. It went through the striking motions after that when I touched it. Weird...

/ Snake #17  
Here's an unusual one for you...it is called a "Rubber Boa" and I find it along streams in Nevada's high mountains. Both ends are blunt - hard to tell which is head and which is tail - and it is slick and shiny. And very docile. Looks like a giant earthworm - 2-3 feet long.
Rubber Boa.jpg

Closeup of the head and eyes:
Rubber Boa2.jpg

/ Snake #18  
Here's an unusual one for you...it is called a "Rubber Boa" and I find it along streams in Nevada's high mountains. Both ends are blunt - hard to tell which is head and which is tail - and it is slick and shiny. And very docile. Looks like a giant earthworm - 2-3 feet long.
View attachment 713771

View attachment 713772

I have one of those living under my guest cottage deck, shows himself once in a while.

/ Snake #19  
I have rubber boas here also. They are shiny metallic OD in color.

/ Snake
View attachment 713771

View attachment 713772

Wow, what an odd looking snake. I saw a 4 foot fat, shiny black snake slithering through the grass the other day while cutting grass with the tractor. I don’t mind garter and black snakes as long as I see them first.