Smoked a chicken

/ Smoked a chicken #31  
Once again, clearly the difference between Canada and the US. We get them one way, always have and probably always will.

I have lemon/pepper seasoning in the cupboard reserved for fish. I never thought of having it with chicken.

Nothing like Salmon (with skin), sprinkled with salt, pepper and dill, on the BBQ! That, and my secret home fries with onion.

Last edited:
   / Smoked a chicken #32  
Once again, clearly the difference between Canada and the US. We get them one way, always have and probably always will.

I have lemon/pepper seasoning in the cupboard reserved for fish. I never thought of having it with chicken.

Nothing like Salmon (with skin), sprinkled with salt, pepper and dill, on the BBQ! That, and my secret home fries with onion.

Lemon pepper is great on chicken, especially when it is cooked on the grill (not smoker), although I have no doubt that it would be great on the smoker too.

/ Smoked a chicken #33  
All the grocery stores started frying or rotisserie chickens when they realized they could cook and sell them when the sell by dates elapsed...

Small chickens at Wal mart are $5-$6...ones at chain grocery are bigger birds and $6-$7...they generally have them with one of three different rubs...bbq, lemon & pepper, garlic and herb etc., etc...

Good use of chicken that probably would have been thrown away.

/ Smoked a chicken #34  
I've done chicken rubbed with lemon pepper seasoning on the grill and the smoker. It comes out nice on both. For the smoker I use Alder or Apple chips.

Lemon pepper is great on chicken, especially when it is cooked on the grill (not smoker), although I have no doubt that it would be great on the smoker too.

/ Smoked a chicken #35  
Another favorite is to marinate chicken in a mixture of Franks Red Hot Sauce and Garlic powder. Then grill, occasionally basting with Red Hot Sauce.

Works well with tri-tip too.