SMC 2408 Cylinder Repair Seals

/ SMC 2408 Cylinder Repair Seals #1  

mgaylo

Tractor
Kubota L3010GST
I bought a use Kubota L3010GST with a SMC2408 front end loader. One of the cylinders starting dripping hydraulic fluid. How do I find a seal rebuild kit?

/ SMC 2408 Cylinder Repair Seals #2  
Take the cylinder to a hydraulic shop -they measure and install the right seals. Plus they hone/polish the cylinder/rod, check for straightness, and often will spray-paint the outside. Last time I even got connection fitting o-rings thrown in for free.
When I had it done on my smaller loader last year it was about $200 for a 2" cylinder.
If you find a seal kit, it will likely be close to $100.
After swapping the seals myself on several cylinders requiring fabrication of pin and hook spanners to do the job then having stubborn threads, hidden pins/rings, then fabrication for a proper honing job involving many hours of labor, IMO $100 for professional labor is a screaming deal.

/ SMC 2408 Cylinder Repair Seals
Take the cylinder to a hydraulic shop -they measure and install the right seals. Plus they hone/polish the cylinder/rod, check for straightness, and often will spray-paint the outside. Last time I even got connection fitting o-rings thrown in for free.
When I had it done on my smaller loader last year it was about $200 for a 2" cylinder.
If you find a seal kit, it will likely be close to $100.
After swapping the seals myself on several cylinders requiring fabrication of pin and hook spanners to do the job then having stubborn threads, hidden pins/rings, then fabrication for a proper honing job involving many hours of labor, IMO $100 for professional labor is a screaming deal.
Thanks for the advice. I’ll look into a local shop.