Smallest cab tractor available with buddy seat?

/ Smallest cab tractor available with buddy seat? #1  

ShowroomShine

Gold Member
Tractor
2019 Case IH 55A
I have had a few cab tractors, L4760 was great but once my kids got bigger the cab was not big enough for them to ride. I traded that on a 2020 Case IH 55A with buddy seat and it was/is wonderful...but seems to be low on quality control as I had multiple issues with it during the 2yrs I had it. I recently traded that 55A in on a 75A cab which is the same tractor with more HP, but with 17hrs on it it has had 3 warranty visits so far. Despite being a IH fan my entire life I'm becoming disenchanted with the tractor model and its constant issues and seemingly poor quality control. I purchased a new tractor to work, not to constantly break.

So that being said depending on the outcome of the latest issue I may just want to move away from this model tractor all together. I'm still looking for a tractor with a buddy seat in the 45-75HP class, utility or compact. Buddy seat is the main requirement...I dont get that long with my kids when they will want to ride with dad in the tractor so I must take advantage of that while I can. I dont need a huge tractor size or weight wise.

Thought about the 5055E Deere but the reviews seem pretty horrible on it. I love the Kubota M4D series, but its almost $10K more expensive than my Case IH 75A tractor.

Any other options I should be looking at?

/ Smallest cab tractor available with buddy seat? #2  
What issues are you having with the Case-IH

/ Smallest cab tractor available with buddy seat? #3  
I believe the cab in the Case 75A is smaller than the cab in the 75C along with the A having a 3cyl eng and the C having a 4 cyl. That was what I came up with in my research.
The case was on my short list. In fact, if I couldn't get the LS MT573 I would have gone with the Case 75C. Maybe glad I didn't.
The LS has the mount plugs in place for buddy seat, but I haven't actually seen one that has the seat installed. Might be an option in foreign markets??
My LS hasn't come in yet. It is due (famous last words haha).
I am right by Warrenton and if my LS gets here before you get something, you are more than welcome to come see it in person since you are in Raleigh.
Btw, the LS comes out of Battleboro facility.

/ Smallest cab tractor available with buddy seat? #4  
I have had a few cab tractors, L4760 was great but once my kids got bigger the cab was not big enough for them to ride. I traded that on a 2020 Case IH 55A with buddy seat and it was/is wonderful...but seems to be low on quality control as I had multiple issues with it during the 2yrs I had it. I recently traded that 55A in on a 75A cab which is the same tractor with more HP, but with 17hrs on it it has had 3 warranty visits so far. Despite being a IH fan my entire life I'm becoming disenchanted with the tractor model and its constant issues and seemingly poor quality control. I purchased a new tractor to work, not to constantly break.

So that being said depending on the outcome of the latest issue I may just want to move away from this model tractor all together. I'm still looking for a tractor with a buddy seat in the 45-75HP class, utility or compact. Buddy seat is the main requirement...I dont get that long with my kids when they will want to ride with dad in the tractor so I must take advantage of that while I can. I dont need a huge tractor size or weight wise.

Thought about the 5055E Deere but the reviews seem pretty horrible on it. I love the Kubota M4D series, but its almost $10K more expensive than my Case IH 75A tractor.

Any other options I should be looking at?

CaseIH makes three different lines of 50-75 HP tractors, the Farmall 50A/60A/70A (which are all open station), the 55A/65A/75A, and the 65C/75C which are a fancier unit than the 55A/65A/75A. The 65C/75C use a different engine than either the 50A/60A/70A and 55A/65A/75A if that is the issue. I suspect the Farmall C series will be closer in price to the Kubota M4D than it is the Farmall A though.

I have a later Final Tier 4 5075E open station and it's been a reliable tractor. I've had mine a couple hundred hours and apart from fixing slow leaks in both front tires due to bush hogging honey locust trees, I haven't had to do anything to it other than routine adjustments and maintenance. There have been multiple generations of the 5055E, the Tier 2 ones with the flat fenders and that didn't come with a cab had been reported to have some issues with brakes and occasionally the rockshaft hydraulics, but those reportedly had been fixed with the Tier 4 units, which came with round fenders and were available with a cab. I would not hesitate to get a newer 5E.

/ Smallest cab tractor available with buddy seat? #5  
The ls Mt573 can have a buddy seat installed. It’s not factory and unfortunately I haven’t seen any online for sale in a few months now. When it was it was around $600. But someone with a welder and a few ideas could easily make one. It does have the mount holes there. 98 hours on my MT so far, 1 regen , no problems, and a whole lot of smiles.

/ Smallest cab tractor available with buddy seat? #6  
The ls Mt573 can have a buddy seat installed. It’s not factory and unfortunately I haven’t seen any online for sale in a few months now. When it was it was around $600. But someone with a welder and a few ideas could easily make one. It does have the mount holes there. 98 hours on my MT so far, 1 regen , no problems, and a whole lot of smiles.
I asked my dealer about the buddy seat. He said they were hard to get and he had three of them, but they were already spoken for.
I didn't think to ask him if I could take a close look at one. It looks like it bolts right in. There are plastic screw caps covering the mounting holes in the trim.
I was googling through different youtubes of the MT573 and there was one that was from Eastern Europe or maybe Russia that had LS's at an Ag show and one of the displays had the seat in it.

/ Smallest cab tractor available with buddy seat? #7  
I have a buddy seat I took out of my mt 7 101. I’d be happy to sell it for a lot less than $600! My MT 573 had the mounting lugs but no seat. Even though The seat flips up automatically it always seem to be in the way. If anyone Is interested send me a message