Smaller tractor - what do you recommend

/ Smaller tractor - what do you recommend
Hello again,

I've posted some photos here of Mike's landscaping project. Please note Mike is just past 70 and he does everything himself (outside of major excavation), so this project will last a while. He is looking for a machine to move landscape rocks, maybe use to dig and transplant small trees (he does that by hand now), and otherwise shape this land into his vision.

We are unable to get out and shop for tractors. Once we get past this virus thing, we'll be out there doing our part to stimulate the economy!

Anyway, please chime in with ideas. Appreciate your help!

Mike 20200402_112234.jpg

/ Smaller tractor - what do you recommend #32  
What's the price range.......

What's the price range.......

Like me, he wants the most tractor and tools for the least amount of money! That said, he needs to be under $18K for tractor and loader.

20200402_113651.jpg

Having trouble attaching photos to this site. My internet is pretty poor, so that may be part of the problem.

/ Smaller tractor - what do you recommend #35  
Like me, he wants the most tractor and tools for the least amount of money! That said, he needs to be under $18K for tractor and loader.

I would think that by August or September there will be some fire sale by owner nearly new tractors.
From the look of the dirt piles I would say a "smaller tractor|" is NOT what is needed.
As Jeff9366 so wisely recommends: BUY ENOUGH TRACTOR!

/ Smaller tractor - what do you recommend #36  
I would think that by August or September there will be some fire sale by owner nearly new tractors.
From the look of the dirt piles I would say a "smaller tractor|" is NOT what is needed.
As Jeff9366 so wisely recommends: BUY ENOUGH TRACTOR!

I just bought a Yanmar 424. I only have 3 acres to take care of so iI is perfect for my needs. My next choice was Kubota for sure but this one won me over. I differ from
all of the opinions about size. If the bucket is smaller, you just get to spend more time on
the tractor to move the same dirt pile. That is a win for me. Any time spent on a tractor is a good time.
Same reason I do not mind a 48 inch brush hog versus a 60. I am not in a hurry to turn the thing off.