Small Hay baler search !

/ Small Hay baler search ! #11  
I've seen pictures of a round ball unit mounted on the front of a Gravely. Max hp of any Gravely was only about 16. Most were about 12. Early ones were only about 6 or 8.

Ralph

/ Small Hay baler search ! #12  
Hello folks I am on the hunt for a smaller size hay baler to pull behind my 25hp tractor. I anyone has one and could send some pics or some info on it that would be great. Im not sure if the even make a baler for a tractor of that size .

I ran a NH 310 behind my 36 hp cub cadet 7360ss baling about 25 acres grass hay last year. Planning on about 40+ acres this year. My tractor weighs about 3900 lbs w/out the FEL on it, but I have an additional 600 lbs liquid in the rear tires.

The 310 specs says it needs 19 PTO hp. That may be so, but up and down hills become a little tricky. The drive line on these little tractors I feel are not made to take the plunger pounding year after year.

I plan on trying to upgrade the tractor to a massey 50+ hp or something built more like a farm tractor next year if I can see clear to do so.

I would say if you want to get by a year to 2 most, you can probably do it if the hills are not too bad.

Dw

Attachments

• DSC05389.jpg
    DSC05389.jpg
    604 KB · Views: 650
  • DSC05392.jpg
    DSC05392.jpg
    447.5 KB · Views: 1,124
   / Small Hay baler search ! #13  
i have a very old antique hay baler with a wisconsin air cooled engine and im looking for imformation .

/ Small Hay baler search ! #14  
Go to Small Farm Innovations.com They have a wide range of highly productive compact balers, cutters, rakes and other implements for compact tractors no one in the USA sells.