Slip Clutch Adjustment

/ Slip Clutch Adjustment #1  

polo1665

Tractor
Branson 3510H, John Deere X750
I recently had to replace the hub on the slip clutch of my 38" Simplicity rototiller. The casting was broken and looked like it had been cracked for some time. It looked to me like the original crack allowed the shaft key to "roll", this in turn widened the crack and broke the casting. I have a feeling that this probably would never have happened if the slip clutch was working (adjusted) properly. Unfortunately when I bought this tiller a little over a year ago I didn't inspect the slip clutch closely (It is covered with a guard and hard to get a good look at). After completing the repairs I would like to make sure that the clutch is properly adjusted, problem is, I don't know how far to tighten the bolts. I would imagine you would use a torque wrench but have no idea how far to torque them.
Anyone out there know?

Mark

/ Slip Clutch Adjustment #2  
If you do a search there will be more than one thread describing slip clutch adjustment.

Many of us will tighten all the bolts evenly till it starts not to slip when in use. [ only a few flats at a time] To check if it is still slipping touching the clutch and feeling for warmth seems to work for me.:D

There are proper parameters that the maker will give out.:D

/ Slip Clutch Adjustment
Looks like I should have done a liitle research. Could have answered my own question:D. Several threads detailing what I needed to know. Looks like I better take the cover back off and do some adjusting.

Thanks for the response Egon:D

Mark