sleep

/ sleep #11  
My most common nightmare is that I am backing my truck up and go to stop and find my brakes don't work. I'm going backwards downhill, faster and faster, trying to watch behind me and dodging the obstacles. Just before I crash I always wake up.
I have variations on that from time to time...either no brakes or there's no acceleration, I have to do a Fred Flintstone to keep moving.

Does anyone have dreams where you're on the job, but can't find the right tool, part, whatever key components it takes to do whatever your job is/was.

/ sleep #12  
When a classmate of mine was about 15, she was a knock-out hot blond and knew it.
One day she was telling us guys about her wet dreams and wondered if any of us had them also.

I'm still waiting for the first one.

/ sleep #13  
I used to have dreams that I was falling and then I'd hit the ground and BOOM! I'd wake up on the floor. OUCH! About the 3rd or 4th time that happened I switched to the bottom bunk. :ROFLMAO:
Ha, i used to have similar, i was pretty young, probably 4 or so, i'd wake up sitting upright in my bed, don't remember any dreams, but i do remember laying back down and tipping off backward. My parents would come running up the stairs to see what all the racket was.

They eventually got another bed, and moved me into an open room, at the head of the stairs. So of course i envision monsters creeping up the stairs, so any time i heard a noise, i'd hold my breath, under the covers and pretend to be dead, cause everybody knows monsters aren't interested in you if you are dead. :D

/ sleep #14  
I used to dream within a dream. I can remember sleeping and dreaming that I was doing something mundane at work. For example going to a briefing. Then something weird would happen, like the hallways would be different.
I'd try to force my self to wake up, only to find myself in the previous dream. Usually the only way to escape fully would be to do something like dream I walked into a wall.

u

/ sleep #15  
I very rarely remember my dreams, but when I do, they are mostly nonsensical. They make a lot of sense when I am dreaming them, but no sense when reflecting on them.

When I was a boy, I remember having a dream that firemen were chasing me around the inside of my house, trying to spray me with their fire hose. They finally cornered me and let loose with the hose. I woke up at that moment to my dog licking my face to wake me up.

/ sleep #16  
I used to sleep walk from little kid until well into my 30s. Great stories from my parents, siblings and wife about some interesting conversations and actions that I have no recolection of. :ROFLMAO:

I still have dreams about once a month or so that are so realistic that when I wake up, sometimes I have to ask myself if that really happened or not for several minutes before convincing myself it was a dream. It can be fun and exciting.
When i was working in Vegas, my Secretary came in one morning a bit frazzled. so, i asked her what was wrong.

She explained that sometimes she sleep walks, and does things as if she is awake. I told her that wasn’t too bad.

She said she had this dream that she was sawing her car, and all the guys in the neighborhood were doing by smiling and waving. When she woke up, she was naked, and the pantys and tee-shirt she had worn to bed were, wet on the floor of the shower.

And, when she went out to come to work, her car was clean. She wasn’t quite sure what to do, and how to handle it.

And being me, with all the social grace of a WaterBoo in the rut, I told her that since she was looking for a new boyfriend, maybe trolling the neighborhood guys would work.

She was pissed at me for about a week. After she told her mom and aunt, and her cousins, and her girlfriends, and they all laughed she decided maybe it was funny.

/ sleep #17  
I have variations on that from time to time...either no brakes or there's no acceleration, I have to do a Fred Flintstone to keep moving.

Does anyone have dreams where you're on the job, but can't find the right tool, part, whatever key components it takes to do whatever your job is/was.
I have those all the time. Only problem is I'm not asleep, and I am, in fact at work.

/ sleep #19  
Seems like we could really benefit by having a person on this site with a good sense of humor that can also interpret dreams for us. :)

/ sleep #20  
I had a dream that I was choking on a giant marshmallow...when I woke up I couldn't find my pillow...!

I once had a nightmare that I was stuck inside a big clothes dryer...I tossed and turned all night...!