Simple fix...dumb fixer.

/ Simple fix...dumb fixer. #1  

stuckmotor

Tractor
AC WD 34 hp/3500 lbs MF 261 60 hp/5380 lbs
My back went out before Christmas and I thought lifting my Coleman Mini bike onto the reciever hitch rack might have caused it. Today I decided I was sufficently recovered to put it on the rack again. First I wanted to make sure it would run.

I set the choke and pulled on the rope...Nothing.
Made sure the fuel supply wasn't off...Nothing.
Gave it starting fluid...Nothing.
Drained the carburetor...Nothing.

Remembered it had an ignition switch, switch on, pulled the rope and it fired right up.

/ Simple fix...dumb fixer.
I've pulled started my log splitter like 10 times, remembered the switch started right up. Lol
My only excuse is that I had rotated the switch partly under the handle bar to keep from bumping it off and didn't see it. It's not much of an excuse.

/ Simple fix...dumb fixer. #4  
My pressure washer gets me occasionally, ignition switch on/off, fuel on/off, choke on/off, throttle speed, so don‘t feel bad, I tend to forget the ignition switch too.

Mike

/ Simple fix...dumb fixer. #5  
My pressure washer gets me occasionally, ignition switch on/off, fuel on/off, choke on/off, throttle speed, so don‘t feel bad, I tend to forget the ignition switch too.

Mike
Well you don't feel bad yourself. The mower died and after several pulls I discovered it was out of gas. Went to the station for gas and now I can't remember where i left the mower. :unsure:

/ Simple fix...dumb fixer.
Well you don't feel bad yourself. The mower died and after several pulls I discovered it was out of gas. Went to the station for gas and now I can't remember where i left the mower. :unsure:
I've bought a small portable radio to leave playing on the mini bike when I take it in the woods. The bike is the camo edition and difficult to find in summer.

/ Simple fix...dumb fixer. #7  
Had an older skidoo snowmobile would not start didn't have spark, replaced the cdi off another old parts machine, still no spark, was about to disassemble the flywheel and replace- check over the stator, pickup/trigger coil and everything else, when I noticed the cracked plastic trim from the console partially dislodged the kill tether from the plunger switch.

/ Simple fix...dumb fixer. #8  
I did that last winter with my walk behind snow blower. Wasted an hour checking everything. New fuel, replaced plug, you name it. Finally pulled out my spark tester,…. Nothing. Then it hit me…..key switch. Turned on switch…..varoom.

sometimes im a moron….

/ Simple fix...dumb fixer. #9  
I’m a fast learner.
After the third pull and no start on my 3700 psi pressure washer, I remember the ignition on-off switch and it starts next pull.
—Smiley face—

/ Simple fix...dumb fixer. #10  
I can't count the number of times I've done this with my Honda generator. There is a knob that needs to be twisted from "off" to "run".

Strange - it starts first time - if it's on run.