Sickle Bar or Disc Mower Saftey

/ Sickle Bar or Disc Mower Saftey #1  

ALauer

Tractor
Ford TW10, 1973 Ford 4000, Ford TW25 II, 1999 Massey Ferguson 4253, 1973 Ford 4600SU, John Deere 7775, 1985 Ford 555B, 2016 Massey Ferguson 2680HD
Hello all,

Recently I heard a story I felt should be shared. What Follows is a true story:

This story takes place in late July of 1980.

A boy that is only eight years old goes with his dad on their families John Deere 50 with a sickle mower to mow hay. In Minnesota, there are many of rocks. This boy's job was to ride the 50 with his dad and then his dad would cut up to a rock, turn the mower off and the boy would run down and pick the rock up. This time things went differently.

The morning started the same, greasing, cleaning, fueling. They drove to the field and came to the first rock. Everything went fine. Second rock, fine. Third rock, he hops off the tractor, runs in front of the mower, which at this time is stopped, and the boy picks up the rock. His dad does not see him by the mower and turns it back on. He puts the tractor into gear and then ends up cutting his son't leg off by accident.

The boy spent 47 days of his life in the hospital. He lives today. He is a below the knee amputee.

The amazing part:
This man went on to climb Mt. Everst and run Triathlons and complete Iron Mans.

IF YOU WANT MORE INFO ON HIS STORY OF EVERST, ETC, PLEASE REPLY AND I CAN GIVE IT TO YOU!