Sickle Bar Mower

/ Sickle Bar Mower #1  

farmall70

Tractor
Case IH 70a
Looking into purchasing a sickle bar mower to mow a ditch and around my pond.

The two I am considering are the Frontier (JD) SB3106 (5 foot 9 inches) and the Enorossi/Farmmaxx/Feraboli (5 to 5.5 feet).

Have not gotten a quote on the JD but MSRP is $5,200 and the Enorossi (and comparable names) looks to be around $4,000 to $4,500 online. Any idea how much of a discount I can expect on the JD?

Which would you recommend? I was leaning more towards JD since I have local dealers and was thinking parts may be easier to get? To get one of the other brands would most likely have to have it shipped (don’t see any near me - none within 150-200 miles). Would considered a used sickle but have to have hydralic lift which don’t see any near me either.

I know there are also trailblazer and lane shark front rotary cutters that would do what I am looking for but I don’t have a loader so not considering those.

/ Sickle Bar Mower #2  
Have you looked at ditch bank or verge mowers? I have a Chicom version for steep ditches. They shread the material unlike the sickle bar that just cuts and lays it down.

/ Sickle Bar Mower #3  
   / Sickle Bar Mower #4  
I would like to have a belly mount sickle bar mower to run off the mid mount pto.. Much like on the old Farmal A or B small tractor..
I'm sure that will never happen as it would be too model, year specific to sell..

Unless.... Someone was talented enough to do a home built.......