Mowing Sickle bar mower?

/ Sickle bar mower? #1  

HJT

Bronze Member
Tractor
2007 BX2350
Anyone make a small (4') or so sickle bar mower that will work on a BX2350? Have a bank to mow that just can't mow by hand anymore. Would have to mow part from top and part from bottom to get it all. HJT

/ Sickle bar mower? #2  
We sell a new 5 ft Superior double action Micro sickle bar mower for $2395 + shipping. They are rated for 15-30 hp tractors. Ken Sweet

/ Sickle bar mower? #3  
There was a company around forever that made 4 foot sickles for garden tractors... Haban Sickle Bar Mower Attachment... I don't know if they are still around but I'm sure you can still find the mowers, I bought a new one a few years ago, I was going to adapt it to my Cub Cadet 1450... But never got around to it. I have since put a 7 foot on my Kubota L4200.

I think Ken Sweet is on the right track with a 5 foot for your needs... 4 foot is just a bit short... I find myself at times wishing I had located a 9 foot... KennyV

/ Sickle bar mower?
I just figured the 5 or larger might be to much weight off the side of my Kubota. hjt

/ Sickle bar mower? #5  
I just figured the 5 or larger might be to much weight off the side of my Kubota. hjt

That may be... if you can safely mount a 5 foot you will not regret the extra foot of reach. BUT if it is too heavy you will not be able to use it... I don't know how heavy the new type sickles are??
I do know the 4 foot Haban were not very hard to mount or handle on a garden tractor sized machine...
I am picturing you wanting a mid mounted side sickle like the Haban... Or are you thinking of a 3pt mount? KennyV

/ Sickle bar mower? #6  
Here are some specs and pictures of the 394 Micro 5 ft Superior (no cylinder available) at $2395 + shipping and the 394-7 ft Superior with cylinder for $3695 + shipping. Ken Sweet

Attachments

• superior394page1.jpg
    superior394page1.jpg
    961.3 KB · Views: 1,627
  • superior394page2.jpg
    superior394page2.jpg
    674.4 KB · Views: 1,439
  • superior394page3.jpg
    superior394page3.jpg
    652.7 KB · Views: 1,976
   / Sickle bar mower? #8  
Isn't it possible (& maybe even PRACTICAL) to buy a couple of separate bars of different lengths to put on the same drive head ?
(within the capacity of the tractor, type of grass, etc)

I'm thinking of some areas where 7ft just wouldn't fit and others where it would be NICE to zip through with 9ft or even more.
Not that switching and swapping within the same field would be practical (-:

/ Sickle bar mower? #9  
Anyone make a small (4') or so sickle bar mower that will work on a BX2350? Have a bank to mow that just can't mow by hand anymore. Would have to mow part from top and part from bottom to get it all. HJT

The Samurai sickle bar is made by the folks at Cutthat.com | Sabre Samurai
it has 4 foot cut and requires 3 gallons per minute and it mounts on a front end loader bucket- saying that it should not be much of an issue to have an weldment built to attach it to the rear three point hitch as one remote is used.

The universal bracket bolts to the bucket edge but having a weldment made that can attach to the three point hitch to create an offset for the samurai to mow your ditch bank.

/ Sickle bar mower? #10  
Take a old 7 foot and cut it off put the end back on make it as long as you want