sickle bar hydraulics / Kubota 2620

/ sickle bar hydraulics / Kubota 2620 #21  
The answer to his original question is that he can use the BH connection with a SA or DA valve with PB to control the sickle bar mower.

He said the cyl had one hose, so the cyl is acting like a SA cyl.

/ sickle bar hydraulics / Kubota 2620 #22  
I am still confused. Perhaps J_J can help. I am a bit green on this, but my double acting cylinders stay pressurized on both sides during use (will not move up or down with lever in the center neutral position), unless I put it into float. So it appears I need to learn more.
Keith

You are correct. that is what a double acting cylinder should do - it has oil on both sides of the piston in the cylinder that stays pressurized holding the cylinder in one position. The cylinder activates a lift mechanism on the mower. When you put the mower in the down position the cylinder should compress and on level ground the mower should be on the ground before the cylinder is completely compressed. The cylinder then moves farther - to a completely compressed position -so that it releases the mower lift mechanism to allow it to float, i.e. the float is in the mower lift mechanism not in the hydraulics.