Shrub removal bucket

/ Shrub removal bucket #1  

rp425

Bronze Member
Tractor
JD4410 ePWR R4
Here is a picture of the bucket that I am building to help in the removal of shrubs and bushes and the occasional hard to get out rock. I still need to add the quick attach loader mounts and a few gussets along the outside edges of the bucket plus a couple of teeth out front. All sheet stock is 1/4" and the back plate supports are 3" channel on top and 4" channel on the bottom. I have a couple harden teeth for the lip which should allow easy penetration into root balls and hard compacted soils. I am mounting it on a JD410/JD4110 loader/tractor which has served me well in the landscaping business.
The only draw back to owning/using a compact tractor is never having enough toys/tools to go along with them!

Randy

Attachments

• 53-202071-DSC00016b.JPG
    53-202071-DSC00016b.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 1,056
   / Shrub removal bucket #2  
Nice unit, I need to build one too.
I was going to use it to ditch w/ also.
Do u think your Deere has enough lift cap. to
take out shrubs?
I use the forks on my SSL to tear them out but it
takes some digging and pushing to tear roots loose.

/ Shrub removal bucket
Tim, I hope that the tractor has enough guts to perform the task for small bushes and such. If not, at least it should provide a nice way to remove material in and around the item to be removed without creating a bigger mess like you do when attempting the same operation with a full size bucket. I will know on Wednesday because I have a large job removing a number of shrubs and bushes. I had hoped to have the bucket finished last night but, ran out of wire in the welder and didn't have another spool. Sure wish welding consumables could be purchased at a store open 24 hrs a day.

/ Shrub removal bucket #4  
Looks good and will be anxious to see how well it performs the job. Will it be used like a spade - rolled back so the teeth will dig down when pressure is put on the loader arms? then curled back to pry out the dirt (or shrub) in front of the double teeth? Seems it might also work well with rocks as long as there is enough strength to not bend it when prying (curling back).
Nice job.
That quick tach system on the Deere 410 loader will be great for quickly attaching this, and then switching back to the bucket for carrying the shrub away. Hope we see pics of it being used soon.

/ Shrub removal bucket #5  
I have 33# spools on my Lincoln and they don't last
long.
A friend of mine bought one somewhere for his JD 855 and it
was advertised as a tree transplanter.
This might be another good use.

/ Shrub removal bucket #6  
I like your bucket so far. I think I could use something similar. Didn't someone recently post a link to a commercially made bucket that looked something like this. I have a vague recollection of a "tree rooter" or something like that.

/ Shrub removal bucket #7  
try this link,<A target="_blank" HREF=http://www.kascomfg.com/>http://www.kascomfg.com/</A>

/ Shrub removal bucket #8  
rp425, first off, great job in your fabrication. Looks very nice!I was wondering if you think you might have to reinforce the 1/4" steel so that it doesn't twist and bend while trying to remove rocks, bushes, etc? Maybe some angle iron or channel along the edges to keep it rigid? Your thought? Again, nice job. Stanley

/ Shrub removal bucket
Here is a picture of the finished bucket minus paint. Works real good, but the tractor good uase a little more break out force. I have not had any trouble popping out small shrubs/bushes and it works real good for large rocks and such. The tractor has no trouble burring the bucket in the ground, which makes it perfect for small tenches.

/ Shrub removal bucket
Opps! Here is the picture.

Attachments

• 53-204314-DSC00013b.JPG
    53-204314-DSC00013b.JPG
    124.5 KB · Views: 594