Shredder front guards

/ Shredder front guards #1  

Aggie66

Tractor
MX 5400
I have a Landpride 2072 shredder and the rubber front guards are ripping off. I've looked at Chains and they are close to $300. Rubber replacements are $25. Has anyone used anything different that is more durable than the 1/4 inch or 3/8 inch whatever it is or should I just go ahead and rebuy the rubber replacements...thanks.

/ Shredder front guards #2  
I have a Landpride 2072 shredder and the rubber front guards are ripping off. I've looked at Chains and they are close to $300. Rubber replacements are $25. Has anyone used anything different that is more durable than the 1/4 inch or 3/8 inch whatever it is or should I just go ahead and rebuy the rubber replacements...thanks.
Aggie66, On my Woods shredder I just measured the length, height, & thickness of the old one and bought a roll of used conveyer belting to make replacements with. It's been holding up fine so far and I have enough left over that I can easily make any needed replacements as the need arises. Was much cheaper than buying replacements from Woods, or changing over to chains!! Look for repurposed belting.
Greg

/ Shredder front guards #3  
Aggie66, On my Woods shredder I just measured the length, height, & thickness of the old one and bought a roll of used conveyer belting to make replacements with. It's been holding up fine so far and I have enough left over that I can easily make any needed replacements as the need arises. Was much cheaper than buying replacements from Woods, or changing over to chains!! Look for repurposed belting.
Greg

What he said.
Belting is way tougher and you could probably find some used cheap or free.
Worst case buy some new and it will last.

/ Shredder front guards
Thanks that’s what I’ll do

/ Shredder front guards #5  
I can only suggest chains for guards. It's the way to go.

Not hard to fabricate yourself if you have basic tooling, a little bit time consuming but 100% worth it.

110% of the cutters sold here have chains.