Should the DX/Farmall & New Holland Forums join?

/ Should the DX/Farmall & New Holland Forums join? #1  

Bob_Skurka

Just a thought, but since the brand new DX/Farmall tractors are red clones of the New Holland Boomers, would it make sense to bring the DX/Farmall discussions into the larger NH forum?

Granted, there existing Case/IH forum should remain where it is for the older equipment, but I am specifically questioning the logic of the NEW line of DX/Farmalls.

Won't the users of both the new DX/Farmalls & New Holland Boomer equipment be asking the same questions, won't the pricing be nearly identical as well as the parts as well as the problems and the success stories?

/ Should the DX/Farmall & New Holland Forums join? #2  
I remember asking this question in a thread in the NH forum. I think they should be combined. I think for the current Cases since the CNH merger, they should be joined. But now that I think about it, maybe anything Case related could be mentioned in a hypothetical CNH forum because right now the NH forum also includes Ford, and Ford has been discontinued for a while now.

/ Should the DX/Farmall & New Holland Forums join? #3  
When asking about attachments for my new DX33 my dealer referred me to TC33 attachments since he didn't have a lot of information and his inventory of DX models was new and new to him as well. I think the information shared would be much easier to access if the two were combined.

/ Should the DX/Farmall & New Holland Forums join?
I know I was looking for some specs on my TC24D and couldn't find the specifics I was looking for on the NH site, but I did find the information I was looking for when I check the Farmalls.

I think the risk to my question is that only the Boomers and Sub-Compact "baby" Boomers line up with the DX series Farmalls. I may be wrong, but I don't think there is a crossover for the larger series NH machines.

But I would still like to see the TC and DX forums combined.

/ Should the DX/Farmall & New Holland Forums join? #6  
The larger NH tractors all have Case-IH counterparts (well almost all of them). Case is getting a version of the TN as well which will take care of almost all the peoples questions as very few people ask about a TS or TL on here anyway (but there are Case equivlants of them as well).

CNH went common platform and all that changes between machines is a few brand specific options (like supersteer) and sheet metal.

/ Should the DX/Farmall & New Holland Forums join? #7  
As for combining the forums, NO. Case and International already were two companies and have machines dating back along time ago. Add Ford and CNH and you will have a huge selection of tractors in one forum. The most I could think of would be to add Case-New Holland (CNH) to its own forum that will take care of the DX/TC crossover. Otherwise, leave it as it is.

/ Should the DX/Farmall & New Holland Forums join? #8  
I think Robert has the right idea. A CNH forum would takle the DX/TC combination, afterall they are the two that have been cloned.