Shop tool box choices

/ Shop tool box choices #1  

Tomtint

Elite Member
Tractor
L3700SU
I have a pretty nice set up at my house as far as hand tools and box goes. It's a 6' tall Kobalt stainless box, built in radio etc.. I'm setting up another shop a few miles down the road so now I'm assembling another set of tools..and inevitably another box or two. .. I like the one I have but don't really want to spend that much again..I'm looking for a good number of draws and significantly storage. I'm not apposed to two lower type roll chests.. maybe one with a vise bolted to the top of it.. but my thinking is that it may get to be a pita bending over every time I want a tool out of a draw.. ? I'm looking to be sub $1500.00 for whatever box I get..anyone have thoughts or experience with Harbor Freight / Home Depot boxes..good or bad .

/ Shop tool box choices #2  
I recently bought this large Milwaukee top and bottom combo for about $800. I looked at HF, Craftsman, Kobalt etc. This is better than those. It is actually better quality than my decades-old Craftsman rollaways. It is sold by Home Depot but I had to order it. I got onto it because my son in law in Wyoming had one so I was able to see it and check it out before buying.

Attachments

• milwaukee.jpeg
    milwaukee.jpeg
    169.4 KB · Views: 155
   / Shop tool box choices #3  
Theres a big discussion on the "HF tools that don't suck" thread.. I'm going tomorrow to get the 4 or 5 drawer roll around cart.. along w/ a bunch of other stuff..

/ Shop tool box choices
I recently bought this large Milwaukee top and bottom combo for about $800. I looked at HF, Craftsman, Kobalt etc. This is better than those. It is actually better quality than my decades-old Craftsman rollaways. It is sold by Home Depot but I had to order it. I got onto it because my son in law in Wyoming had one so I was able to see it and check it out before buying.

How wide is that one a.

/ Shop tool box choices #5  
I found a top of the line 3 part Craftsman on rollers at a Clearance Sale when my Hometown store closed for 1/4 the original price. It even came with the rubber mats in the drawers.

/ Shop tool box choices #6  
I picked up the 52" Husky industrial matte black box at Home Depot paid $ 698.00 on sale worth every penny weigh 550+ empty will hold up to 2500 pounds of tools draw mats included.

/ Shop tool box choices #7  
I have a French cleat wall system along with 1 small roller I can grab a bunch of tools and set them on (kind of like a surgery cart).

I also have a big craftsman cabinet on wheels that is never moved...might as well be bolted to the floor. Yes I hate bending over to get tools out of the lower drawers!

/ Shop tool box choices #8  
jchonline

thats where a sit down role a round helps with the lower draws (very bad lower back).

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

4983 455 JOHN DEERE 35' FOLDING GRAIN DRILL 7.5'' SPACING 2X13 PRESS WHEELS 2002 MODEL S/N:N00455... (A34733)
4983 455 JOHN...
(2) Unused 18.4 x 38 Ascenso Brand Tires (A33113)
(2) Unused 18.4 x...
2015 Ram 5500 Bucket Truck, VIN # 3C7WRNAL8FG630944 (A33249)
2015 Ram 5500...
HAUL MASTER QUIK ATTACH (A34808)
HAUL MASTER QUIK...
Payment is due within 5 days! (A34302)
Payment is due...
2017 FORD F250 4X4 EXTCAB SERVICE TRUCK, S/N 1FT7X2B60HED25415, V8 GAS ENG, AUTO TRANS, READING B... (A34808)
2017 FORD F250 4X4...