Shibaura SD2243D Questions

/ Shibaura SD2243D Questions #1  

WestPalmBob

Tractor
Shibaura SD2243D
I purchased a Shibaura SD2243D and am slowly figuring things out. I'm new to the forum and I'm hoping I can get a few answers to some remaining questions here.

I'm considering filling the tires with water. Is there any downside to that? Should I do the fronts as well or does it make no difference?

I need to change the engine oil and filter. Is there a commonly available oil filter for this machine? Is 15W40 for Diesel engines OK.

Do the front loader and 3pt share the same hydraulic oil? Is the oil in the gearbox the same also. That oil is clear/straw color but does not smell like gear oil. Today I went to The Tractor Supply Store and discovered that they have several types of hydraulic oil including type 303, ISO 46, ISO 68, What type is appropriate for this machine? Is there a screen or filter I should clean or replace? I see something at the end of a rigid line where a hydraulic line connects on the left side that might be a housing for a screen but I'm not sure if that's really what it is or how to open it.

One last question below the headlight switch, left of the engine cutoff knob there is another knob that is frozen. The cable seems to go the front of the engine but that mechanism is frozen as well. I'm thinking it might be for choking the engine if it runs away but that's really just a guess...

Thanks Very Much -
Bob

Last edited:
   / Shibaura SD2243D Questions #2  
JD 303, is fine for hyd. fluid. 10w40 Diesel oil is also fine, your in Fla. and it's warm ther. As far as fuel filter/oil filter you can look around site and find that info.(most likely), if not google it. Does your tractor have the hyd. filter mounted under right-side floorboard? If not then i don't if it's mounted in the end of pump or not. Pix of what you have would be nice to have, along with any numbers on the side of trans., mtr. or wherever. I do believe the oil filter is probably a fram Ph8a, that's whats on my p21f 25hp. Jim

/ Shibaura SD2243D Questions #3  
On my tractor the knob on the left runs up to the top front of the engine and it is a compression release.

/ Shibaura SD2243D Questions #4  
I used to get filters at NAPA. Here is a parts manual
[video]http://www.ebay.com/itm/Shibaura-1603-1803-2003-2203-2243-2803-2843-Tractor-Parts-Manual-/122629599102?hash=item1c8d4b2f7e:g:G8sAAOSwtFtZf7w A[/video]

/ Shibaura SD2243D Questions #5  
This is the style hydraulic filter on my 2243, bit of a pain in the butt to get the filter out and I'm currently trying to find a new filter, I did a Google search and found a free download of a shop manual for a Ford 1710 that has a lot of the same info. 1574553398189.jpeg1574553645222.jpeg