Shibaura SD 1843

/ Shibaura SD 1843 #21  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Jim,

I don't think you understand what everyone has said.

Almost all the dealers that I know import GOOD, low hour, used tractors from Japan. All the tractors are inspected, minor mechanical problems are addressed and preventative maintenance is performed...including belts, hoses, batteries, all fluids and tires if they are weather checked badly or substantially worn. They also stay within a range of popular models in various sizes that offer the best parts support.

Because it is used, most offer a very limited or no warranty. And if any freak mechanical failure happened within a reasonable amount of time, that was not the new owners fault, is usually repaired or the unit replaced.....Almost, if not all the dealers here WILL do that. It seldom happens.

Regarding rebuilt or reconditioned tractors that come from anywhere else, NOT Japan, I can't think of any better example than EFC's (Buck's) analogy of the salvaged Mercedes Benz.

I hate to see you alienate yourself by the very people offering their help, and you not being able to distinguish the two separate and completely different processes.

Mark )</font>

This thread was about refurbished. Not imported. Most tractors are imported or parts imported now days. Some assembled in USA.

I was warning the party that asked about Refurbished
tractors which is JUNK In My Humble Opinion. I wanted to prevent them from getting into the same crap I got into.

Atleast the ones that the dealer I got mine from are... maybe other dealers have better quality. But from what was said on this thread... ReFurbished is Trouble in the making. Using parts from salvaged tractors maybe several tractors to make one. All which probably had several thousand hours on them. I only wanted to let this person be aware of the trouble I got myself into by purchasing a ReFurbished Tractor. Leaving the name brand out of the picture.

So far I have had no luck getting the part I need nor has any dealer here that has offered to help me. Not even the dealer that I purchased mine from has been able to get the part and they have even a bigger reason to get the part. I am sure my attorney has made that clear to them. Again... I was only trying to Help this person that started this thread from making the serious mistake I made. Possibly saving them headaches and money in the long run.

Jim

/ Shibaura SD 1843 #22  
Hey Crosscut,
I own a Shibaura SD1843 4x4 3cyl diesel w/frontend loader which is in good working condition. It's been a great tractor for us. We own a small horse farm and its been great for us, but we're looking to do upgrade to something larger. Are you still interested in a Shibaura?