Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,501  
Never figured this out, but if you are driving between Seattle and Tacoma in Washington State the rules are reversed. The fast lane is the Right lane and the slow lane is the Left lane. It is the only place in the US, I've ever seen this as a common convention. Every time I get past Olympia, I have to remind myself that the driving rules are going to get flipped.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,502  
Never figured this out, but if you are driving between Seattle and Tacoma in Washington State the rules are reversed. The fast lane is the Right lane and the slow lane is the Left lane. It is the only place in the US, I've ever seen this as a common convention. Every time I get past Olympia, I have to remind myself that the driving rules are going to get flipped.
How did that practice happen? It seems contrary.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,503  
When busted that area which has been 25 years ago I noticed this. I didn’t think it was a rule but just people didn’t know how to drive.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,504  
I understand your complaint but often the spots are so shallow if you pull in with your front bumper up to the edge of the sidewalk your bed is in the travel lane and if you have a hitch is even further out in the lane. While I understand it is not great for people walking it seems safer to overhang the sidewalk some and lessen the chance of someone looking for a parking spot while texting taking the back end off the truck off.
Until you are confined to a wheelchair and can't get around the hitch hanging over the sidewalk.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,505  
The only thing missing was strapping the 4x4 cross braces to the trailer. If the pipe got slightly loose, they could slide off to the side. But not that likely if the trip wasn't far & the pipe was cranked down hard.
While hauling this way before I screwed a block of wood to the underside of the 4x4 to keep them from sliding from side to side, I have not done that since getting my trailer with a flat bed though.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,506  

Do they have left hand exits? In the Chicago area some of the expressways have left hand exits but the left lane is still the fast lane. A disaster of a design.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,507  
On 295 in NJ the police sit in the middle of the highway.
Very normal to see speeding and passing on the right.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,508  
Sure, passing on the right because people won't get out of the left. It's a ticketable offense in NH now.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,509  
We made that drive a few times. Noticed something def different about traffic there. Couldn’t tell exactly what.

Most noted was how people could drive in the rain and cloudy conditions but when the sun came out the wrecks started happening. It seemed they were blinded by the sun and couldn’t drive in it.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,510  
. . . If you are driving between Seattle and Tacoma in Washington State the rules are reversed. The fast lane is the Right lane and the slow lane is the Left lane. . .

In Boston, where one always tailgates because not to do so would result in so many people cutting one off that one would be going backwards, the rush hour lanes are also reversed. Timid souls and those who put their brain in neutral to decompress on the way home move to the left lane because they only have to worry about being cut off from one side, the right. The brake-down lane is where the daredevils run the grand prix de commute.