Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,251  
I just saw this today
The front camber was crazy, super negative, kinda like if it was TTB with shot springs, but then why is the front jacked up so high?
Front tires stick way out, rears are tucked in.
Can't tell if it's actually 4wd, I don't see hubs sticking out?
View attachment 799608
Like rangerFred said, thats built as a pre-runner (desert racing truck). Looks pretty well executed to me. The front camber is to aid in cornering at really high speed on dirt, the inside front wheel often lifts off the ground. Note the roll cage inside as well. Why that dude is driving it around on pavement, well who knows.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,252  
I think if you look at that Ford truck the rear tires don’t stick out because there is some kind of flare on the back. You can see what looks like 4 dots that hold it on and covers most of the bed side. You probably just hack away the original wheel lip to fit the big tires and slap the bed flare on.
Yep, probably fiberglass bedsides and possibly a tube frame (at least behind the cab), probbaly built like this truck: https://www.instagram.com/p/CgV9A5nOZ9R/?hl=en
1683667704403.png

1683667764831.png

Aaron Z

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,253  
If they had a forward facing 3rd row seat I would drive a V70XC, but they don't (and completely removed the 3rd row at one point), so I drive a Fordified XC90 (2009 Taurus X) 🤷‍♂️

Aaron Z
You will receive much hate from the green left proletariate in Holland. Much, much more than in North America...

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,254  
You will receive much hate from the green left proletariate in Holland. Much, much more than in North America...
Yet here it's a "midsize" vehicle and can only tow 2000# while the same year XC90 can tow 3,970# (FWD I6) or 4,960# (AWD I6 or V8)...

Aaron Z

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,255  
IMG_4468.jpg

When the light finally turned green and I passed by them there was no sign of rope or strap. No wonder they lost the load. Go figure.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,256  
View attachment 799917

When the light finally turned green and I passed by them there was no sign of rope or strap. No wonder they lost the load. Go figure.
I lost a child's high chair once that I thought was both strapped and wedged tight with other stuff. For some reason I saw it lift straight up and fly away. The (solid) sides of the trailer were as high as the eating surface of the high chair and I never imagined there could be any aerodynamic lift. Sis has never forgiven me, that was used for us and then I was taking it to her for her first kid. I just saw splinters off the edge of the road when I circled back.

Now I use a 4x8 piece of heavy commercial fishnet over any load in addition to the tie-down straps.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,257  
I lost a child's high chair once that I thought was both strapped and wedged tight with other stuff. For some reason I saw it lift straight up and fly away. The (solid) sides of the trailer were as high as the eating surface of the high chair and I never imagined there could be any aerodynamic lift. Sis has never forgiven me, that was used for us and then I was taking it to her for her first kid. I just saw splinters off the edge of the road when I circled back.

Now I use a 4x8 piece of heavy commercial fishnet over any load in addition to the tie-down straps.

It's often very surprising at what wind and vibration will do to affect loads that you otherwise think are well fastened/strapped down. Wind can push and pull stuff at highway speeds that you just wouldn't imagine. And vibrations will shift things around and loosen straps very quickly.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,258  
I always check everything chained or ratchet strapped after a few miles and every time I stop. In my experience if it's going to get loose it will be in the first few miles.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,259  

A friend of mine borrowed my father-in-law's 4x8' utility trailer once to move to a new house. The trailer had 4' tall sides so he presumed anything he tossed in there was good to go. Well then he hit the highway at 70mph, and watched in his mirror as an entire COUCH levitated up and out of the trailer, spun around in the air like it was in a tornado, slammed down onto the pavement and slid its way off into the ditch at high speed. Thankfully no one was affected behind him on a calm sunday afternoon. So he drove back around to the prior exit, and when he got back to the couch... two other guys were loading it up into their own trailer, so he said screw it and let them have it. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,260  
I had a washer and dryer up against the cab in my pickup once. Brand new in the box and the dryer started to lift up a little. I had a buddy with me and I asked him if he saw that and he said yes. We stopped and did a better job of strapping it down.