Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,241  
an older BMW or Merc or Audi in the same class will get you hate, because those are bought by status sensitive types and you will be assumed to be just that.
Funny how conceptions differ between continents....
That conception generally applies here as well. I just now came in the door fuming about my last half mile before reaching home. A VW Diesel Passat cut in front of me twice without signaling, so close I had to brake. Then at a multi-lane left turn a larger BMW went from behind me to start the turn at my left. Only my horn prevented him from finishing his turn in my center lane. Then he turned right at the first block ... from behind me. He could have just followed me to start with. BMW's apparently don't have convenient turn signals or else the type who buys them just doesn't care.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,242  
Whether they are compensating or not there's a lot of people out there with horrible tastes... the guys that take a perfectly good truck and put 8" offset wheels so they stick out near the whole tire width, shorter than stock tires, 8" lift and like 30" wheels with rubber band "mud terrain" tires (in quotes because with 2" or less sidewall they're useless) and think they're cool, and somehow they're always spotless meaning they've never left pavement for even a minute... (anyone that has tires that stick out past the body knows what I mean...). It's just as bad as the people that lower hondas and whatnot to the point they have to slow down to .01mph to enter a parking lot at an acute angle, and they don't even want to think about speed bumps... I have this thing about function over form, it only looks good if it works or performs a task better than it would stock, and highest priority in automotive modification, you still have to be able to drive it on roads to be useful! :)

I just saw this today
The front camber was crazy, super negative, kinda like if it was TTB with shot springs, but then why is the front jacked up so high?
Front tires stick way out, rears are tucked in.
Can't tell if it's actually 4wd, I don't see hubs sticking out?
signal-2023-05-08-183350_002.jpeg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,243  
That conception generally applies here as well. I just now came in the door fuming about my last half mile before reaching home. A VW Diesel Passat cut in front of me twice without signaling, so close I had to brake. Then at a multi-lane left turn a larger BMW went from behind me to start the turn at my left. Only my horn prevented him from finishing his turn in my center lane. Then he turned right at the first block ... from behind me. He could have just followed me to start with. BMW's apparently don't have convenient turn signals or else the type who buys them just doesn't care.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,244  
I just saw this today
The front camber was crazy, super negative, kinda like if it was TTB with shot springs, but then why is the front jacked up so high?
Can't tell if it's actually 4wd, I don't see hubs sticking out?
View attachment 799608
It looks like 2WD to me, you can see the front axle underneath. One of the "cool" things today is to level your truck... which I haven't been able to understand. I have a hard enough time looking over the hood t see where my tires are going when on marginal roads, I don't know why you would want to extand that distance.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,245  
It looks like 2WD to me, you can see the front axle underneath. One of the "cool" things today is to level your truck... which I haven't been able to understand. I have a hard enough time looking over the hood t see where my tires are going when on marginal roads, I don't know why you would want to extand that distance.
Yhea it's just hilarious with that bigazz spare in the back like he's going up trails (is that a ram air hood that I see too?)

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,246  
Maybe he felt he had to do something with those big rubbers and small rims and that is all he could come up with. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,247  
BMW's apparently don't have convenient turn signals or else the type who buys them just doesn't care.
Yup..

Last time i was cut off it was by a middle aged man in a small Renault family wagon/minivan. I was thinking he must be the office *****, taking his agression of being pecked on by colleagues out into traffic....

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,248  
That's set up as a "prerunner", long travel twin beam suspension gets kinda goofy, I agree their camber is a bit off and not how I would have set it up but hey... some of those guys will build custom beams up front to gain a few inches per side so they can get an absurd amount of front suspension travel, I wouldn't be too surprised if it had 20" of travel in the front, almost looks like a trailing arm suspension in the back so could be similar back there... has soft suspension so their extra activities squat the back more than normal... at least that is set up to serve a purpose unlike the "bro dozers"... But this is from a guy that's a fan of the twin beam suspension... one of these days I'll pull the perfectly good SLA suspension out of my '00 Explorer and build a custom TTB Dana 50/44 hybrid...

Anywho, no pics since I didn't catch it soon enough but I saw a trailer that looked funny, turns out it was a tilt deck trailer with a ~5' brush hog on the very back, the deck came unlatched and was dragging on the ground as they were driving in town...

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,249  
A V70 diesel here in Europe is concidered a big luxury vehicle, just under a big SUV. Driving an older BMW or Merc or Audi in the same class will get you hate, because those are bought by status sensitive types and you will be assumed to be just that. A V70 doesnt have that general preconception here.

Funny how conceptions differ between continents....
If they had a forward facing 3rd row seat I would drive a V70XC, but they don't (and completely removed the 3rd row at one point), so I drive a Fordified XC90 (2009 Taurus X) 🤷‍♂️

Aaron Z

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,250  
I think if you look at that Ford truck the rear tires don’t stick out because there is some kind of flare on the back. You can see what looks like 4 dots that hold it on and covers most of the bed side. You probably just hack away the original wheel lip to fit the big tires and slap the bed flare on.