Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,472  
I still have a Mercedes 240D with manual transmission. About 350K miles and runs like a top, but unsafe to drive as slow as it is. It can't get out of its own way, no airbags, etc.
Yes, it's slow, have a VW transporter with 78hp and if I load it up to max with trailer it passes 5000kg, can't imagine how slow it would be.

Here in Europe it was a common with small engines, it was a very big step in price to go up, and if we talk 240D era just to have a diesel with automatic was a big deal, few other European cars could give you that combination, and none was close to the quality that a 240D had.

Automatic gearing was simple, if you had that you fell in to a few category's, you was disabled, a Mercedes Benz or US car driver. Now the manual gearing is almost gone, maybe 5% of the market.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,474  
Reportedly, Tesla does not handle the cold very well. Has there been an issue with that in Norway?
No, it has not been any problems, as far as I know.
But it's not a big surprise that heat pumps don't work well at very low temperatures and that will make range shorter.
But again, Norway is not that cold but here I live -20 celsius and below is common tempratur in periods and those EVs seems to work just fine.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,475  
No, it has not been any problems, as far as I know.
But it's not a big surprise that heat pumps don't work well at very low temperatures and that will make range shorter.
But again, Norway is not that cold but here I live -20 celsius and below is common tempratur in periods and those EVs seems to work just fine.
Thank you!

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,477  
Agvg, I second what two_bit_score said -- Thanks for the info on what is driven in Norway! Was very interesting to learn that.
Top ten in 2021
Screenshot_20230101-083936-145.jpg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,478  
Top ten car manufacturers in 2021
Screenshot_20230101-084135-340.jpg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,479  
A coworker has a Tesla here. The only thing he said about the cold was that it limited range. He said that when they drove it to the cities, (that's from Bismarck, ND to Minneapolis, MN) it barely made it between places to charge. He said he was nervous about it the whole time, but "they made it".

In the summer time, he doesn't have any issues on the same trip.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #17,480  
yeah Slowpoke Slim, I'm originally from Northern Mn. (Kettle River) and you folks get some serious cold weather in the winters! I'm glad that they have at least some charging stations built, that's about a 2 hour dive one-way for you.