Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,541  
With all due respect the Volvos of that era were in a class of their own for safety as well as engineering.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,542  
Over the years as a Heating engineer here in England I started fitting straw fired boilers and covered 7 counties in the south of England
These boilers could either burn wood or straw, the last one I fitted was the largest and would take two 5' X 4' round straw bales. The heat was pumped into a 2,000 gal. insulated tank and from there the heat was pumped to were it was needed, the farmer bred and raised pigs and at anyone time had 2,800 pigs on the farm. I installed underfloor heating into 3 large farrowing buildings so the new born piglets could run out onto a warm floor and not use electric heat lamps, the two bales would burn out by mid day but the stored water would last until the next morning when two more bales were loaded

BobUKView attachment 739612
Good post! Thanks. (y)

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,543  
Buck’s Towing- Fast & Cheap
1648654622653.gif

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,544  
Over the years as a Heating engineer here in England I started fitting straw fired boilers and covered 7 counties in the south of England
These boilers could either burn wood or straw, the last one I fitted was the largest and would take two 5' X 4' round straw bales. The heat was pumped into a 2,000 gal. insulated tank and from there the heat was pumped to were it was needed, the farmer bred and raised pigs and at anyone time had 2,800 pigs on the farm. I installed underfloor heating into 3 large farrowing buildings so the new born piglets could run out onto a warm floor and not use electric heat lamps, the two bales would burn out by mid day but the stored water would last until the next morning when two more bales were loaded

At my home I have the same principle heating sys
Wood gasification boiler (Austrian - Herz)
2000 L heat accumulator
Underfloor pipes at house

Load boiler full. It means ~ 30 kg of wood. Lit fire. repeat 48 h later :cool:

There is no DIRECT connection between boiler and house. Accu is in the middle.
That allows boiler to work at top efficiency.
You can't restrict solid fuel boiler without loosing efficiency. That's why accu comes into play
And obviously - convenience ;)

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,545  
I welded Volvo tin in several Japanese mini compacts...

Audi was as bad as the Italians in the late 70s. I remember my uncle having an Audi 80 from the late 80s with this Audi sticker on the rear windshield:

It says "10 years of warranty against rusting through" which i found quite funny because my dad had a 20 year old rust free Volvo 245...

Only much later i learned that Audi had to come from very, very far with their rust proofing.
You are right. Last gen A80 (like on your pic) was already good. It's predecessor I havent seen, all rusted, gone, reduced to atoms 😁

Modern days VAG cars again are so-so. I just transferred my wifey's Golf 7 (4 1/2 year old) to oldest daughter. Car is white and there we can see very well some dots of rust.
OK, our rods are very "aggressive", but man, that's almost new car.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,546  

WOW .

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,547  
At my home I have the same principle heating sys
Wood gasification boiler (Austrian - Herz)
2000 L heat accumulator
Underfloor pipes at house

Load boiler full. It means ~ 30 kg of wood. Lit fire. repeat 48 h later :cool:

There is no DIRECT connection between boiler and house. Accu is in the middle.
That allows boiler to work at top efficiency.
You can't restrict solid fuel boiler without loosing efficiency. That's why accu comes into play
And obviously - convenience ;)
Mine is similar (gassification & storage), an HS Tarm.

Though, my storage is parallel to the furnace. It allows heating while the storage tank is ice cold. Then when heating demands stop, the "extra" heat goes into storage. The key to it is the thermovar valve, which let's the boiler run at full temp (efficiency) even when heating cold storage water. Cold is relative though, at 100*F probably, except first startup when the tank was 50*F.
I'm using a 2000gal fuel tank from a small airport (they dug it up for the EPA). It is filled to about 1600gal and buried outside my basement wall.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,548  
I have an HS Tarm too from the previous owner.
Have not used the non-oil part of it.
Looks like a bear to clean out ?

I have solar hot water, but that only works during warmer sunny days.
i can have that "extra" 80 gallons go through the HST if I used non-oil it might make sense.
With oil prices...might rethink using it.

So the I81 pileup- 6 deceased.
"State police also said that there were 80 vehicles involved in this pileup – 39 trucks and commercial vehicles and 41 passenger vehicles"

Took 2 days to clear the mess out. People were just driving through the squall as if it didn't exist and were hitting each other going too fast for the conditions. :(

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #16,549  
Been using a Tarm XL2000 gasifier here for the last 17 years, 650 gallon H2O storage and in floor radiant heating.
We used to also heat our DHW with the boiler but building a fire year round got old, so maybe 6 or 8 years ago we bought a heat pump electric water heater that runs year round.
During heating season it sucks up all the heat that the furnace radiates and, along with a 500 watt element if additional input is needed, heats all our DHW.