Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #12,522  
That whole rig weighs about 325Lbs, just bulky. I wasn't hauling a trailer into the French Quarter for the night.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #12,523  
That whole rig weighs about 325Lbs, just bulky. I wasn't hauling a trailer into the French Quarter for the night.

I don't see anything wrong with that, you said that you stopped and got lights for it. I often see people hauling canoes sticking that far out the back without much more than a prayer holding them in.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #12,524  
I guess this one is no better

I saw this deal shortly after it was posted on Craigslist, left work immediately and was back in to work. I would have missed out on the package had I went home to get the Dodge dually, two guys drove up while I was loading it and another as I was pulling out of the driveway. Guy had one acre, used it to mow, build the fence and keep his driveway smooth. 20200508_104125.jpg

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #12,525  

I saw this deal shortly after it was posted on Craigslist, left work immediately and was back in to work. I would have missed out on the package had I went home to get the Dodge dually, two guys drove up while I was loading it and another as I was pulling out of the driveway. Guy had one acre, used it to mow, build the fence and keep his driveway smooth. View attachment 658986

Brakes on the trailer? If so the truck must be rated for close to that load.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #12,526  

I saw this deal shortly after it was posted on Craigslist, left work immediately and was back in to work. I would have missed out on the package had I went home to get the Dodge dually, two guys drove up while I was loading it and another as I was pulling out of the driveway. Guy had one acre, used it to mow, build the fence and keep his driveway smooth. View attachment 658986

You might have been better if you put the truck on the trailer and towed it with the JD... I kid, I kid!

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #12,527  
I've pulled a L3200 (3k lbs or so) behind my former Tacoma. It was sketchier than I'd have liked but close to its rated 6.5k capacity. 3k for tractor, 3k for trailer & 800lbs for the box blade is a bit over capacity, but not badly. Probably over on tongue weight though.

I promptly got a beater F250 after pulling the L3200 once or twice behind the Taco. It was all tapped out on suspension, brakes & HP but not dangerously so.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #12,528  
I've pulled a L3200 (3k lbs or so) behind my former Tacoma. It was sketchier than I'd have liked but close to its rated 6.5k capacity. 3k for tractor, 3k for trailer & 800lbs for the box blade is a bit over capacity, but not badly. Probably over on tongue weight though.

I promptly got a beater F250 after pulling the L3200 once or twice behind the Taco. It was all tapped out on suspension, brakes & HP but not dangerously so.

As the previous poster said though, he has a real tow vehicle at his house. His was one of those one time things which we always hear about.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #12,529  
Sometimes I think there should be popcorn vending machines outside the loading areas of all the home centers. Just sit back and enjoy the show.

Add bleacher seating and they could probably sell tickets.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #12,530  

Yes, on both axles and I recently put a controller on the truck because I had bought a 16' cattle trailer under a similar scenario and didn't like dragging it home without brakes. Inertia brake controller kits are stupid easy to install, truck was already wired for the controller, simple plug and play, they are nothing like the old hydraulic controllers of my youth, they work, but you are putting alot of trust in them. It does seem to work now that it is has been adjusted.

Package was the 20' trailer with 3500lb Dexter axles, post hole digger, 6' box blade, 6" brush hog, & tractor with 200hrs. The guy passed away and his offspring couldn't wait to sell everything. I also bought his Hobart Champion 10000 Welder/Generator, cutting torch and bottle set, two chain hoists, 20' trolley hoist and 2000' of 2 3/8" diameter 11ga pipe for several thousand less than a similar package from Mahindra/Branson/LS would have cost me.

It was sketchier than I'd have liked but close to its rated 6.5k capacity. 3k for tractor, 3k for trailer & 800lbs for the box blade is a bit over capacity, but not badly. Probably over on tongue weight though.

It is about 60 miles home from work. I purposefully waited for traffic to thin out, which wasn't bad to begin with because of the lockdown and took a leisurely drive home. It's definitley something that I wouldn't do everyday.