Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #12,061  
wheels.jpg

Bruce

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #12,063  
Tag axle for bridge laws, can have lots of axles for the real heavy loads of over 100K #.
Bridge weights are based on axle load, spreading the weight to more axles is better and cost more.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #12,064  
Only the rear axle drives the front is just a tag axle with brakes.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #12,065  
That is a 4 axle tractor.
#2 axle is an air tag lifted to save tires on the turn.
If needed he will put it back down as soon as he straightens out.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #12,066  
That is a 4 axle tractor.
#2 axle is an air tag lifted to save tires on the turn.
If needed he will put it back down as soon as he straightens out.
That is what I was thinking. It would be abnormal to have a truck setup to haul heavy permit loads with only 3 axles.

Aaron Z

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #12,067  
Nope, he has 2 drive axles, 1 in the ground and one held up.

View attachment 641563

I still think that truck has 3 tandems and the trailer is blocking the view of the 3rd. You can just barely see the front of the trailer and the hitch will be close to centered over the drives not behind them. I’ve never seen a truck with only 2 rear axels that could lift one. And if it did exist they definitely wouldn’t haul a load like that with only one axle on the ground. I have seen trailers that could lift one of 2 axels off the ground. Does anyone know what truck that is? The specs I could find were 49,000 pounds for the smallest articulated truck and 71,000 pounds empty for the biggest. IMG_8327.JPG

Last edited:
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #12,068  
Looks like 3 axles on the tractor to me as well. You can see the fender profile on the front axle actually bumps up for when that axle is lifted. Looks heavy in any case.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #12,069  
You could not haul that with only one axel, too much wieght. The truck definately has 3 axels minimum!