Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #441  
image-3436072821.jpg

Saw this on the way to work

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #442  
Gotta say I agree but extend that to the agency who maintains that bridge. If its that frequent and they know truck traffic is heavy there then they should fix the problem.
But that would spend taxpayer money! :D Sonoma county remains proudly rural - at least in some aspects - and not spending anything on the roads is seen as keeping tax rates low along with discouraging more city people from moving up here and outbidding the locals for everything. 'Gentrification' and astonishing land prices are a real problem. My own example: Nearly all the apple orchards surrounding me have been bought up by absentee owners and converted to premium vineyards. Fenced of course. So my orchard looks like a zoo with everyone else's wildlife - deer etc - concentrated in here.

That bridge will get replaced eventually. The dangerously narrow county secondary roads near me, probably not in my lifetime.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #443  
That bridge will get replaced eventually.
From the article:
http://windsor.towns.pressdemocrat.com/2013/12/news/large-trucks-taking-a-toll-on-laughlin-road-bridge/ said:
A new bridge with a different alignment is planned and will include “significant road work leading to the bridge,” said Sonoma County Public Works Department Director Susan Klassen. “It will be designed and built to modern standards to accommodate large trucks.”
A consultant is working on a design, and environmental permits are in progress, with construction tentatively scheduled for the summer of 2017.

Aaron Z

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #444  
Yeah I saw the article. "construction tentatively scheduled for the summer of 2017." That assumes no other bridge repair elsewhere gets bumped up ahead of this one in the priority list over the next couple of years. Could happen.

But this one lane bridge is intended to serve only a few local residents and works fine for that purpose. So doing anything for truckers with 53 ft trailers who think its a shortcut and are trying to shave a couple minutes off their run, and who ignore all the many warning signs, will never be a priority. There are obsolete sections of road like this all over the county. Probably many with higher priority.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #445  
Yeah I saw the article. "construction tentatively scheduled for the summer of 2017." That assumes no other bridge repair elsewhere gets bumped up ahead of this one in the priority list over the next couple of years. Could happen.

But this one lane bridge is intended to serve only a few local residents and works fine for that purpose. So doing anything for truckers with 53 ft trailers who think its a shortcut and are trying to shave a couple minutes off their run, and who ignore all the many warning signs, will never be a priority. There are obsolete sections of road like this all over the county. Probably many with higher priority.

Wonder if its a GPS routing problem?

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #446  
IMG_8284.JPG

Maybe he needs a bigger truck?

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #447  
Saw a picture of a truck stuck under a bridge. It had funny caption:
Police officer: Looks like you got stuck there.
Driver: That is total BS. I am transporting the bridge and I run out of fuel.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #449