Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,331  
The one which I always question is the Maroon pulling a trailer who doesn't care if his lights don't work. I almost hit a contractor's trailer last year... I probably would have if i hadn't been pulling into the same gas station as he was. When I commented they were out he said "yeah I know, I just didn't feel like fixing them this morning.
I rented a stump grinder (with trailer) once and the checkout guy wanted to verify my lights (as they should). The left signal didn't work but he said I could take the grinder and trailer anyway, but I "should check my truck's wiring". That told me his trailer lights were bad. Since I knew my wiring was good and I knew I could make the (short) round trip with right hand turns I took the trailer (they only had 1). I since bought a Reese adapter from Round to Flat that has LED lights on it so I can prove my truck wiring if this happens again.

Last edited:
   / Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,332  
I rented a stump grinder (with trailer) once and the checkout guy wanted to verify my lights (as they should). The left signal didn't work but he said I could take the grinder and trailer anyway. That told me his trailer lights were bad. Since I knew my wiring was good and I knew I could make the round trip with right hand turns I took the trailer (they only had 1). I since bought a Reese adapter from Round to Flat that has LED lights on it so I can prove my truck wiring if this happens again.
Trailer lights are a PITA. I've often thought about just building a light bar from my own trailers, and transferring it as needed. Still, if people can't see the tow vehicle taillights and they aren't working on the trailer, it's a recipe for disaster. I often wonder how somebody can take that chance with a new boat, motor and trailer which cost more than my pickup. Then there was the time that somebody pulled into the gas pumps beside me with a big camper trailer, and 7 pin hookup. He'd come up from New Hampshire and had forgotten to plug it into the truck. After dragging on the pavement for 200+ miles that plug was toast.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,333  
Need a couple of tail gate riders to set the truck back down on its wheels. Jon

Why my coworker said you need to date a fat girl to ride in the bed.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,334  
I rented a stump grinder (with trailer) once and the checkout guy wanted to verify my lights (as they should). The left signal didn't work but he said I could take the grinder and trailer anyway, but I "should check my truck's wiring". That told me his trailer lights were bad. Since I knew my wiring was good and I knew I could make the (short) round trip with right hand turns I took the trailer (they only had 1). I since bought a Reese adapter from Round to Flat that has LED lights on it so I can prove my truck wiring if this happens again.

At uhaul they checked my truck connection to verify it worked.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,336  
We rented a chipper a few years back to use at my sister's house. I made the reservation from 200 miles away so couldn't go look at it but they were the only rental place open on Saturdays.
They hooked it up while my brother and I were inside taking care of the paperwork. It was a chain I've done business with before so didn't think much of it, although I did notice the tires were rather bald. We headed off to my sister's place and started working.

The knives were so dull all they did was shred the wood. After about 5 minutes of running it I noticed that the entire top housing was loose and the chute was about to fall off. We had just dragged this thing 50 miles on a busy highway... luckily it didn't fall off in front of somebody. We had to go buy bolts and put it back together before we could finish using it.
After reading the paperwork I realized that if one of those bald tires had failed, I was responsible for replacing it.

They did refund my money when we returned, yet in my opinion that thing was a hazard which should never have left the shop. It also reinforces my belief to never borrow... or in this case rent.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,337  
Saw a guy with a riding mower on a single axle trailer today with no tie downs. I had the urge to pull in front of him and slam on the brakes but I resisted.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,338  
The one that gets me is people who back in to a spot along a sidewalk. By the time the back in, the back of the pickup and bumper take up a large portion of the sidewalk. And on top of that, the receiver hitch insert hangs out even further in to the sidewalk.

See that a lot where I work...
I understand your complaint but often the spots are so shallow if you pull in with your front bumper up to the edge of the sidewalk your bed is in the travel lane and if you have a hitch is even further out in the lane. While I understand it is not great for people walking it seems safer to overhang the sidewalk some and lessen the chance of someone looking for a parking spot while texting taking the back end off the truck off.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,339  
So... your saying the person who was hit in the fanny is liable for damage to the offender if you have a hitch installed?????
No, but a sharp lawyer will proportion the damage due to the extra you contributed with your spike extending from beyond the bumper.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #18,340  
No, but a sharp lawyer will proportion the damage due to the extra you contributed with your spike extending from beyond the bumper.
Don't hit me and it won't be a problem. I don't know how a "Sharp lawyer" is going to spin that.