Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,171  
Aww… the joys of defrosting the fridge on Saturday morning. :unsure: The good ole days! :p
View attachment 863956
I would say it's been more than a week. :D
When I bought my freezers I was specifically looking for manual defrost. You get a lot less freezer burn, I just finished using the chickens I raised in 2021.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,172  
Haha Danger Ranger!
Most of us unplug our trailer electrics before backing down the ramp, to save the lights. But that rig is heavy enough that maybe he should consider staying connected. Not to mention, boat ramps tend to be very slick and slippery, especially in tidal waters.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,173  
Was it an LG by chance? That happened to us, and they actually didn't even sell the replacement part.
I had to buy a Whirlpool part and modify it. The LG refrigerator was about a year old at the time, and still under an extended warranty from Home Depot, but they did not sell the part! Crazy!
Yes, I believe it was an LG. We replaced with a Maytag, but I truly believe they're all crap.

The biggest single problem with all of these is the extremely minimal refrigerant charge they carry, per EPA mandate. Any small upset in the system, such as running in a cooler garage or having a condenser cooling fan failure which an older refrigerator may loaf over just fine, causes total system failure. When you build no margin or fault tolerance into a system, then every component must remain in optimal working order, to prevent system failure. Unfortunately, "optimal working order" is not the default state for any consumer appliance used all day everyday in the average home.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,174  
Different than a frig but I had a whole basement dehumidifier that I paid $1700. Three years later the fan went bad and was not replaceable and new unit was $2000. Fortunately an electric motor repair shop fixed the old fan and a 1/2 inch drill motor for about $140. Glad there are still such shops around.

/ Share Pics of People Hauling or Towing Something Wrong #20,175  
I have two 100% freezers and one 100% refrigerator in the garage, all bare bones with wire racks. No issues on those. In the house is a GE side by side that was here when I bought the house. The defrost heater has gone out twice in the house side by side, but the last time I noticed that GE redesigned the heater. So hopefully it will last longer now. I think issues these days often stem form efficiency requirements as stated. Thinner metals for better heat transfer, that type of thing.