Shame on you people...

/ Shame on you people... #1  

LostInTheWoods

Platinum Member
Tractor
Kubota B2601
...there's been a shortage of projects well-documented with pictures lately on TBN. :D

In order to atone for this dereliction of duty, I post the following...

What can I say, I've done a lot of work with my little Kubota, but nothing beats taking land back from the brink after years of disuse and blazing new trails in the woods. Love it. Its amazing what you can accomplish with a chain saw and a SCUT.

Step 1: Take back the hill leading to the creek bottom.

Attachments

• 100_2865.jpg
    100_2865.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 496
  • 100_2867.jpg
    100_2867.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 480
   / Shame on you people...
Cut down trees, chain to BX, drag trees up to burn pile. Wash, rinse, repeat. Do this over and over until clear...and the BX loves it. Power to spare.

Found out that cutting the cedar trunk tops close to a branch makes a nice place to hook them to the inverted scarifiers on the BB. No need to fuss with tying them up. Easy way to finish hauling up the last parts of these trees.

Attachments

• 100_2868.jpg
    100_2868.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 368
  • 100_2874.jpg
    100_2874.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 321
  • 100_2870.jpg
    100_2870.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 448
   / Shame on you people... #3  
I look forward to the pictures documenting your saga.

Not to make excuses, but I think most folks have been busy pondering whether its possible for a 18HP B&S to run backwards. :)

Steve

/ Shame on you people...
Hill reclaimed. First two views are on the path walking to the hill, next shot at the top (path falls out of view), last shot is from near the bottom and looking back up.

This whole path and hill were overgrown and covered with trees and branches left over from Kentucky's worst ice storm in recorded history.

Attachments

• 100_2882.jpg
    100_2882.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 278
  • 100_2883.jpg
    100_2883.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 309
  • 100_3185.jpg
    100_3185.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 246
  • 100_3187.jpg
    100_3187.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 270
   / Shame on you people... #5  
Looks to me like you won that battle. It sure does help to have some diesel power behind you, regardless of size.

MarkV

/ Shame on you people...
I look forward to the pictures documenting your saga.

Not to make excuses, but I think most folks have been busy pondering whether its possible for a 18HP B&S to run backwards. :)

Steve

Saw that. Maybe he's in the Southern Hemisphere. You know, aren't toilets supposed to spin in the opposite direction there? Maybe it does the same thing on engines.;) Not that I would know. Mechanical aptitude is not my forte.

/ Shame on you people... #7  
Found out that cutting the cedar trunk tops close to a branch makes a nice place to hook them to the inverted scarifiers on the BB. No need to fuss with tying them up.
That's a neat trick. Sounds quicker than wrapping a chain around them.
Obed

/ Shame on you people... #8  
What hemisphere we live in really has nothing to do with the toilets. The holes under the lip are drilled at an angle that makes them go that way.

but what is the deal about the 18 horse B&S?

/ Shame on you people... #10  
This time of year w/old man winter soon to be knocking on the door,projects are just about complete until after mud season next year..but do keep posting reads/pics I enjoy them :)