Setting clock on REI radio?

/ Setting clock on REI radio? #1  

FatTire

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota L5740, Unimog 404 w/ snowblower, Deere 620i UTV, MX5100 (sold)
I bought a used tractor with an REI radio. I figured out that if you push and hold the DISPLAY button on this radio, the hour flashes. Turning the volume changes the hour setting. But then how do you get to the minutes setting? When I press the DISPLAY button a second time, it exits the clock mode.

Thanks,
Dave

/ Setting clock on REI radio? #2  
Got a model number for that radio?

I found a bunch of REI radio manuals online but don't know which one to point you towards.

/ Setting clock on REI radio?
I don't, there is no model on the front and I'd have to pull the roof to see the back. It is not a current model, on mine the preset numbers are clustered to the right of the display. Can you provide the link and I'll look through them?

/ Setting clock on REI radio? #4  
If the knob on that REI unit seems like it wobbles a bit then it's quite likely that it operates as a joystick. Try pushing just on the top/bottom/left/right edges and see if that triggers functions/setting that you're looking for. This is what I had to figure out on a a new -to me- JVC unit that came in a car I recently acquired.

/ Setting clock on REI radio? #5  
Can you provide the link and I'll look through them?

I did a Google search for something like REI tractor radio and got back lots of links. I was looking through some of them, which had PDF manuals linked to them. Easy enough to Google.

/ Setting clock on REI radio? #6  
... or wait until it's noon to pull the battery cable off. That was the only way to set one radio I had!!!!

/ Setting clock on REI radio? #7  
FatTire - did you get it figured out? I had an old REI radio in a tractor years ago. Owners manual was wrong. Correct way to change clock. You pushed the clock/display button until the hour stated blinking, then turned the volume knob to change hour display, then pushed in the volume button to get to the minutes display until that started blinking, then turned volume knob to change minute display. Then push in volume knob to exit clock change mode. Hope this helps.