service

/ service #1  

ringostar

Tractor
don't
Looking into purchasing an RK37, but am concerned about future servicing should RK decide to get out of tractors. Would appreciate thoughts on this. I heard a TYM service center might work on them, but not allowed to do warranty work. I don't think there is even a tym service center near where I live in Alton, IL.?

/ service #2  
I've had very positive experiences with and feedback from the Mahindra and tym dealers in my area. When I had a need arise far from an rk. Self inflicted... Not a tractor failure. Rk was helpful in the phone and the others in person. Both said they'd work on the tractor if needed. Mahindra guys knew exactly what tractor was the parts match and how to look up in the tym parts list etc...

And it's likely that if rk ever bailed on tractors, tym Mahindra would step up anyway to gain loyalty.

For what it's worth, my 55 has been solid and the rk mechanic responsive.

/ service #3  
I guess I am kind neutral on the subject. I had a leak start on my 55, at around 21 hrs. The local stores service guys took several weeks to make contact. Then they did drive over(35 miles) from the store, and and at least look at it. They determined it wasnt something they could fix at the store, and referred me to the regional master service tech. Several more weeks passed by, then he showed with a trailer and hauled the unit away. Returned it couple of weeks later, but the leak has re-surfaced. I guess they would have continued to try and fix it, but I just decided maybe it wasnt that big of a deal for now.

/ service #4  
If you're really worried about whether RK will continue to sell and service their tractors perhaps you should consider shopping for a different brand.

/ service #5  
I've had very positive experiences with and feedback from the Mahindra and tym dealers in my area. When I had a need arise far from an rk. Self inflicted... Not a tractor

And it's likely that if rk ever bailed on tractors, tym Mahindra would step up anyway to gain loyalty.
Mahindra is a brand from India. TYM is a brand from Korea. The RK is made by TYM.

/ service #6  
   / service #7  
Tym has also made some of the Mahindra models.
But there is no ownership interest there. Sure, the Mahindra dealership MAY have a few parts if the models happen to match up. I think it holds that if you had an RK or Mahindra by TYM that TYM would step up. I don't know that it holds that two unrelated companies would support each other's products just because they share a vendor. Probably just as likely to get support from a Branson dealer as they are owned by TYM.