Service/Shop manuals on EBAY

/ Service/Shop manuals on EBAY #1  

forester2

Gold Member
Tractor
Kubota 3030 Ford 2120
Anybody have any experience in buying one of the 'copy' service manuals (the full ones) on Ebay? I'm thinking of getting one for my Ford 2120. I probably should check for serial numbers covered as well shouldn't I?

/ Service/Shop manuals on EBAY #2  
I've avoided these, but my son bought one on eBay that said it was a factory service manual on CD. I have something like that for my Saab, so there were no immediate red flags.

But when it arrived, we found that the person had just scanned their manual into PDF format, and copied that file onto a disk. The copies were legible, but low quality.

Perhaps technically correct, but certainly not what either of us expected.

It wasn't a lot of money, so rather than getting into an e-battle with the seller, we chalked it up to an eBay learning experience.

Since then I've spend the money to get the real deal from the dealer or a reputable seller.

Good luck.

Jay

/ Service/Shop manuals on EBAY
Haven't seen anything on a CD; these are supposedly high quality reprints. Sellers seem to have very high feedback ratings.

/ Service/Shop manuals on EBAY #4  
Have you checked price & availability from a dealer?
This is based on my recent experience on my old Massey baler. I lost a auction on a owners manual I had bid up over $20 (+$6 shipping) due to being out working in the yard at the end of the auction. I then checked with my local dealer and bought it for $15 w/ no shipping!

/ Service/Shop manuals on EBAY #5  
Kinda like going to an auction. Pay more cause its an auction.

We sold a bucket of rocks one night at my brothers auction. The bucket had a big hole in the bottom.

Go figure.

Some folks have a good experience.
I avoid ebay. I'm a cautious type.