Service schedules

/ Service schedules #1  

Tomtint

Elite Member
Tractor
L3700SU
My L3700 is 5 1/2 years old now. It has about 180 hours on it. I had the 40 hour service done when it was due and the dealer said the next one is at 400 hours.. That should be sometime in the year 2034 at this rate. How often do you change oil etc on a tractor that is not used all the time ?

/ Service schedules #2  
I mostly go by the manual, some services will be in hours, some in time and some in a combinations such as every XX hours or XX time. I will go off manual on engine air filters or cab filters as all my equipment is stored inside and I just don't see the reason. I am not recommending this practice, it's just works best for us. We have tractors made in the fifties to three or four years ago.

Many people sleep much better at night with more frequent service and that alone may be worth the time and money.

/ Service schedules #3  
I'm in the same boat. I used to put 50-75 hrs a year on my L3400. I change the engine oil/filter, air filters and fuel filters yearly and Hydraulic filter/fluid every 200-300 hrs.

Used hydraulic oil gets used in the chain saws and wood splitter.

/ Service schedules #4  
Oil does not wear out. It either gets dirty from combustion or is contaminated by moisture. I mark the hours /date on the filter. I change oil and filters based on hours alone. My stuff is all parked indoors. Condensation is the only way for moisture to get into the oil. It has never been an issue yet.

/ Service schedules #5  
My L3700 is 5 1/2 years old now. It has about 180 hours on it. I had the 40 hour service done when it was due and the dealer said the next one is at 400 hours.. That should be sometime in the year 2034 at this rate. How often do you change oil etc on a tractor that is not used all the time ?
Not an answer to the question you asked, but the radiator coolant is something that is usually time-based ... rather than hours.

If it hasn't been changed in those 5 1/2 years you should at least test it, if not replace it.

/ Service schedules
Not an answer to the question you asked, but the radiator coolant is something that is usually time-based ... rather than hours.

If it hasn't been changed in those 5 1/2 years you should at least test it, if not replace it.

I hadn't thought of that .. Thanks. I think im going to drop it off at the dealer and tell them to do it all.

/ Service schedules #7  
You'll see in the generator maintenance thread that I just did the 50 hour initial oil change on it after about 4 1/2 years. This is what I'm doing on my Tacoma pickup as well. Only put 2-3k/yr on it; maybe change every 3 years or so. Use Mobil 1 in everything, and they're all stored under cover. Don't worry about moisture in the oil. My generator oil was hardly dark at 59.9 hours. Think I'll run it to about 100 hours like I do on my tractor that I only put about 60-70 hours/yr on. May be about another 9 years on the generator.

Ralph

/ Service schedules #8  
I will be glad to service it for you if you leave it a week or so!!! My has 400 and 6 yrs old. As others have said your worst enemy is condensation. It needs to run long enough and get to operating temp to get the moisture out of the oils. (load the motor and transmission) I did my 50 hr at 45. At 200 dumped all oils and new filters. I know this is not what the book states but I wanted to do it.

Tractor & Equipment Auctions

2022 Bomag BW900-50 Roller (A32803)
2022 Bomag...
Metal Work Table, 6'x8'x3/4" Thick (A33349)
Metal Work Table...
4 Yard steel end load dumpster, used w/ normal wear & tear (A33073)
4 Yard steel end...
Bobcat 44" Dirt Bucket (A32803)
Bobcat 44" Dirt...
New DeWalt 4 1/2" Small Angle Grinder - D28402 (A33349)
New DeWalt 4 1/2"...
2022 Bobcat 72" Skid Steer Root Grapple (A32803)
2022 Bobcat 72"...