service port on excavator question.

/ service port on excavator question. #1  

zegersfarm

Tractor
Kubota L2900 Zetor8011
SDC10972.jpgSDC10971.jpg

I have a Kubota KX41. There are 2 quick connect ports on the boom. I want to use these ports for a hydraulic thumb. I can push the service port pedal "up" and "down", from a "neutral" position.

In the "up" position the cylinder will extent and is strong. In the "down" position the cylinder does not move, but I can push it back.

The picture shows two hydraulic hoses coming from under and going in ( I would like to know what ) and two steel lines go to the quick connects. There is also a fifth hose going to under.

Does anyone now what this part is for?

Thanks, Bert

/ service port on excavator question. #3  
Looks like setup that tees one line to a "tank" return line for running a hydraulic jackhammer or "breaker"
The pair of lines coming up from the bottom are pressure in or out depending on how the valve is moved.
The "5th" line is a low pressure return to the tank so that if you move the valve the wrong way, you don't break the hammer by feeding pressure into the "exhaust" side and to ensure there is little or no back pressure restriction on the exhaust side.

For your use, you can probably remove the elbow and put in another (high pressure rated) plug, then cap off the return line.

Aaron Z

/ service port on excavator question. #4  
Hello a friend of mine has a small digger and he has a small valve that he turns one way or the other to go from thumb to jack hammer.

I would say yours is in the jack hammer mode but I have no clue where it is on that machine his is just under the drivers door.

/ service port on excavator question. #5  
Hello a friend of mine has a small digger and he has a small valve that he turns one way or the other to go from thumb to jack hammer.
I would say yours is in the jack hammer mode but I have no clue where it is on that machine his is just under the drivers door.
If thats the case here, the valve will connect to the "5th hose" under the floor.

Aaron Z

/ service port on excavator question. #6  
Thanks Aaron and Samuellm. This was what I needed to know. Now it makes sense to me.

Bert.