Seppi 200 Miniforest PTO driven forest mulcher

/ Seppi 200 Miniforest PTO driven forest mulcher #1  

MinnesotaEric

Tractor
Kioti NX6010
Anybody have any experience with the PTO driven Seppi Miniforest?

The 200 is 78" wide.

/ Seppi 200 Miniforest PTO driven forest mulcher #2  
What did you ever discover with this?

In my brief searching, I see an FAE UML/st 125 that appears in the same category. It seems PTO driven mulchers have limited info on the Internet.

I'm curious if anyone has used a PTO driven mulcher with great success.....

/ Seppi 200 Miniforest PTO driven forest mulcher #3  
Looks like an interesting carrier . we have a fecon bull hog 120 pto driven on our valtra tractor. In the right material it will do 3 to 1 what our skids will

/ Seppi 200 Miniforest PTO driven forest mulcher #4  
They are the best thing since sliced bread . I have processed hundreds of acres . We use Seppi Multiforst 250 , Fecon 125 . You can put lots of power into a PTO mulcher .
My U tube channel has several videos of what we do “U tube , Bill Stecik"

Last edited:
   / Seppi 200 Miniforest PTO driven forest mulcher #5  
You guys clearly have some monster tractors. I have a little 52hp tractor. Maybe I can add water and it will grow.

This is the exact concept I'm looking at accept on a smaller scale. I like my tractor and attachments I have for it but would like to see see if this tool is something I can keep in the Shed. I do a lot of brush cutting and flail mowing and have recently started smaller clearing jobs at residential sites and small commercial sites. This machine would be a huge time saver( if in fact it's a practical accessory for my size tractor).

A 4' machine doesn't bother me as it saves me from using a saw, hedge trimmers and haul-a-ways of debris.

I think this would give business room to grow as well without tiring up a ton of money with new truck, trailer, skid steer, AND mulcher. Even renting one would be a hassle time and time again VS just owning a 3pt attachment.

Bill, how do you like the Fecon vs seppi heads?

You obviously have pretty extreme equipment. Can you PM me what you charge for an average acre of Land clearing with thick heavy brush and say trees under 6".

/ Seppi 200 Miniforest PTO driven forest mulcher #6  
Seppi has a couple of options for your size tractor. A 125 - 175 cm miniforst . Also my son just bought a Baumlite PTO stump grinder . About 6000 US new . He has it on a 35 hp John Deere and it will grind ANY stump . I believe your 52 hp tractor with a pto mulcher will keep up to or out do any skid steer . I like seppi but would never buy another one because I have a very low opinion of their North American rep. . There is a new generation of mulchers that I believe are better anyway . Seven , TMC Cancela
and for tillers , Plaisance . These do need big power though. I believe the tractor in the video is an Anthony Carrara . Aprox 100 hp . Market gardeners and orchards use them in US .

Last edited:
   / Seppi 200 Miniforest PTO driven forest mulcher #7  
Seppi has a couple of options for your size tractor. A 125 - 175 cm miniforst . Also my son just bought a Baumlite PTO stump grinder . About 6000 US new . He has it on a 35 hp John Deere and it will grind ANY stump . I believe your 52 hp tractor with a pto mulcher will keep up to or out do any skid steer . I like seppi but would never buy another one because I have a very low opinion of their North American rep. . There is a new generation of mulchers that I believe are better anyway . Seven , TMC Cancela and for tillers , Plaisance . These do need big power though.

Fantastic!!! I'll call them tomorrow after looking up their models. I spoke with FAE regarding the DML/ twin and I almost pulled the trigger. I do still need some more research but I'm getting antsy.

Lol, I like the thought of outperforming a skid steer but not sure if that's reality. I do know my advantage is running a grapple on my loader and a mulcher on the rear would be nice. Having two implements at the ready is a nice option. As for slid steers. Their power and speed is amazing.

I did just look at the brushfire mp560 video and may call them tomorrow as well. I guess the part of limited info out there (or harder to find) means not everyone has one. I do ALOT of brushogging and you can find thousands of videos and info on them. But again the price difference between a mulcher and most other tractor implements is pretty drastic.

/ Seppi 200 Miniforest PTO driven forest mulcher #8  
Here is another thing to look up . “ Dymax tree shear” I started with a skid steer , a chipper and one of those . Still have it . Use it to cut trees along fences and buildings and carry them to the chipper . Mounts on skid steer , excavator , tractor .

Last edited:
   / Seppi 200 Miniforest PTO driven forest mulcher #9  
The new AHWI (not to be confused with Fecon) PTO mulcher should be chucked into the mix. They are one of few which allows full movment of the lift arms while working.

/ Seppi 200 Miniforest PTO driven forest mulcher #10  
That looks like a much better option that the FECON heads on skid steers i've seen operate. Those heads really work the skid steer hydraulics and skid steers are not ideal in the timber to start with. Much easier to transfer power with the PTO than a hydraulic pump and hose and ultimately that attachment needs more power.