Selling PT425?

/ Selling PT425? #1  

PTRich

Gold Member
Tractor
Power Trac PT425
I am thinking of selling my PT425, 60"mower, rotary mower, 6 way plow, rock bucket and landscape rake. I want to move up to a bigger machine. I have less than 300 hours. Do you think $6,000 is a fair price?

/ Selling PT425? #2  
Sounds reasonable to me...I only wish you were selling this time last year!

/ Selling PT425? #3  
I know that I would be really interested in looking at it. I have been discussing shipping quotes with the factory for a PT422. Do you have any current pictures?

/ Selling PT425? #4  
PTRICH
I have been befuddled about choice of a 425 or 1430 and found your post to be interesting. What are the factors that make you want something other than a 425? Will you move up to another PT or are you going elsewhere? What type of work are you doing that leads you to believe you need something more powerful? Your input would be helpful as I do not want to make the same mistake in my decision.

/ Selling PT425?
My cousin, who lives next door has a 3point hitch wood chipper that I borrow from him along with his tractor. His tractor is a very old Yanmar. A good tractor but well past it's prime. I feel guilty everytime I use it and worry that it would break with me in the seat. He would never ask me to pay for damage but I would feel obligated. We could also share other implements. I would also like a tractor with higher lift capicty for loading pick up trucks. The PT bucket is excellent, fast and strong but the added lift would be a huge asset for me. This is something I have thought about for a while, make no mistake it will cost me about $30,000 to replace it. I will need a small CUT and a very large seperate mower, at least 52 inches. I know I could use a 3point hitch finish mower but it does not mow as fast or as nice as my current PT.

/ Selling PT425?
I will try to send you pictures this week. I rarely post pictures so it may take me a while. If you happen to travel near UConn send me a email, I live about 10 minutes frome campus.

/ Selling PT425? #7  
Rich,

I live just north of Sturbridge MA, and I too, might be interested in buying your used PT. If you're emailing pictures, could you also send me a set? My email address in in my profile.

Also, I'm a bit confused about exactly which mower decks you have based on your original post... it kind of sounds like you have two of them.

Kent