SELL IT !! ,,, What Is The Value Of,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ??

/ SELL IT !! ,,, What Is The Value Of,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ?? #1  

CADplans

Elite Member
Tractor
584 IH 4WD
OK, the price of everything is going up,, you have some "stuff" that you never use,, and should sell,,
Some items are pretty easy to find the value, search Gunbroker completed auctions, you can find the value of that extra gun.

BUT,, What is the value of that item you have in the shed??
It has never been on eBay in the last year,,

So, ask here,, What is it worth??

I will start, I bought a brand new 16" Bobcat brand pin-on backhoe bucket 20 years ago, it never got used,,
I can not find one on eBay.
Is it worth anything, or just scrap it??

What do you have sitting , taking up space, that needs a price?

/ SELL IT !! ,,, What Is The Value Of,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ?? #2  
Do backhoes still use the same pin configuration as the bucket you have. Specifications should give you the measurements. If still relevant, would think you should be able to get half maybe 3/4 of current new. If obsolete might take some advertising to get a buyer. Has to be somebody out there that would want one.

/ SELL IT !! ,,, What Is The Value Of,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ??
Do backhoes still use the same pin configuration as the bucket you have. ?,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
My bucket is a "pin-on, where more modern machines are "quick attach",,
I may need to find out just what my bucket was built to fit? :unsure:

/ SELL IT !! ,,, What Is The Value Of,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ?? #4  
CAD,

I would not scrap it. If you can't recall what it fit from memory of buying it 20 years ago (it happens), you can always have a weld shop cut the bracket off and either weld on whatever pin on brackets you need, or weld on a SSQA quick attach bracket on the back.

As for selling it "as is", look up similar buckets for sale, name brand "Bobcat" buckets/attachments are regarded as pretty high quality. I'm sure you can find a few listed for sale, maybe not locally. I'd sell it for at least 80% price of a new one, if it's new/unused and stored in a shed, it should still look brand new.

Around here that bucket would sell for 110-120% the price of a new one.

/ SELL IT !! ,,, What Is The Value Of,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ?? #5  
OK, the price of everything is going up,, you have some "stuff" that you never use,, and should sell,,
Some items are pretty easy to find the value, search Gunbroker completed auctions, you can find the value of that extra gun.

BUT,, What is the value of that item you have in the shed??
It has never been on eBay in the last year,,

So, ask here,, What is it worth??

I will start, I bought a brand new 16" Bobcat brand pin-on backhoe bucket 20 years ago, it never got used,,
I can not find one on eBay.
Is it worth anything, or just scrap it??

What do you have sitting , taking up space, that needs a price?

Did you check for comparison prices on Craigslist? I've noticed when looking at backhoes that there are a lot of ads for just buckets on CL around here. You can expand your search and should be able to pull up plenty of examples to help you set a price.

/ SELL IT !! ,,, What Is The Value Of,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ?? #6  
Quick look at bobcat site shows 2 attachment systems. Pin on and X-Change. I'll bet still relevant. Call to local Bobcat would take guess work out. They might even offer to buy being new. Save aggravation of selling. Really would come down to how much you have to have for it.

Compare the price of steel and labor when you bought it. Has it rusted out? Got all bent up? Probably not.

And how much did you look?
New 16" Heavy Duty Excavator Bucket for a Bobcat 442 with Coupler Pins | eBay
This bucket was brought home from the Bobcat dealer, set on a pallet, and abandoned,,
The bucket was purchased as partial payment for a neighbor that was supposed to do some backhoe work.
He never showed up, hence, the bucket is still setting here,,

I saw that one on eBay, but, that is an excavator bucket, about twice the height of a backhoe bucket, and probably 3X the cost of a backhoe bucket??

/ SELL IT !! ,,, What Is The Value Of,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, ?? #9  
...search Gunbroker completed auctions, you can find the value of that extra gun.
I have more guns than I could possibly carry at once but none I would consider "extra". :cool:

I do have a 1956 JD 420C Pipe Layer I'm considering letting go though. It needs under carriage work and I'm too old to man handle that stuff.

I have more guns than I could possibly carry at once but none I would consider "extra". :cool:

I do have a 1956 JD 420C Pipe Layer I'm considering letting go though. It needs under carriage work and I'm too old to man handle that stuff.

Is your Pipe Layer the cab model, like this one??

pipelayer.jpg

LOL!! :ROFLMAO: