Self powered rotary cutters.

/ Self powered rotary cutters. #11  
DR does not make any machines we'd suggest buying. They are a marketing company.
Why is that? I have a DR walk behind and it has done everything I needed it to do. It has made short work of Russian Olive trees 2-3" in diameter. I've been happy w/ it, but I'd be interested in knowing what you dislike about it.

/ Self powered rotary cutters. #12  
Why is that? I have a DR walk behind and it has done everything I needed it to do. It has made short work of Russian Olive trees 2-3" in diameter. I've been happy w/ it, but I'd be interested in knowing what you dislike about it.
I used and repaired a DR mower for about 8 years. I learned something from that.

/ Self powered rotary cutters. #13  
I used and repaired a DR mower for about 8 years. I learned something from that.
I bought mine used and most have my problems are related to the previous owner doing horrible maintenance and storing it outdoors. I've only had one thing break on it, which was the cable that locks the rear wheels together.

/ Self powered rotary cutters. #14  
After three years of use, mowing over small trees, branches about 100 acres of grass… I pulled the blades to put an edge onthem, and they looked new. This thing is HEAVY duty
Curiously, what's the reason for the offset on the tow bar? Looks like it would make it a bit awkward to handle on rough ground or to make turns.
How easy is it to back up with that on?

/ Self powered rotary cutters. #15  
You can use the offset with a mid mounted mower and widen your cut. or you can pull it directly behind you if you were in very heavy grass and save a re-mowing. You can also use it offset so that you cut grass that has not been run over by the tractor tires. It is not difficult to quickly learn how to trim with the mower in the offset position. You can reach under trees and make a very tight circle with it behind you.

It really isn’t difficult to back up same principles still apply.

/ Self powered rotary cutters. #16  
Curiously, what's the reason for the offset on the tow bar? Looks like it would make it a bit awkward to handle on rough ground or to make turns.
How easy is it to back up with that on?
So you don’t run over 3’ tall grass before cutting, or saplings, etc. it handles really well. The offset is adjustable, you can tow it directly behind if you like, but I much prefer the offset like the old haybine